On my. Only in New Jersey, I tell you...

Jeslek

Banned
SOURCE: http://www.local6.com/orlpn/news/stories/news-178798320021115-081102.html

Man Slashed In Fight Over Who Has Hairiest Buttocks

A fight between friends over who had the hairiest buttocks landed one of them in the hospital and the other in jail, according to police.
Police in Mansfield Township, N.J., said Emmanuel Nieves and Erik Saporito were talking with friends Wednesday about their buttocks when the conversation became heated.

Nieves got so upset, he allegedly pulled a knife and slashed Saporito on the head. Saporito is in good condition after being treated at a Hackettstown hospital.

Nieves is being held on $25,000 bond.

Charges include aggravated assault, terroristic threats, weapons offenses and criminal mischief.
This is just silly. :cool:

Let's just make this thing one downward neverending spiral

http://www.otcentral.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?p=97326#97326

terroristic threats is an old law. It merely means that one person made verbal threats along the lines of: I'm going to find you and kill you!

ohhhhh, i thought this had something to do with the new favourite word :D

The thing that I don't understand is how they planned to determine which one of them was the winner. Were they going to compare them with pictures? A mirror? What?

Luis G said:
They will need Luis to come and measure it, since inches are too inaccurate and he no doubt uses a ruler with millimeters on it. Much more accurate measurement. GO Luis! :p

metric blows. It has no charm. Its just progressions of units of 10... yawn. I like spans... the goofy distance measured by a hand. Rods, cubits, 5280ft, drams, hogshead, pennyweight, bakers dozen ... what charms the old madness had.

unclehobart said:
metric blows. It has no charm. Its just progressions of units of 10... yawn. I like spans... the goofy distance measured by a hand. Rods, cubits, 5280ft, drams, hogshead, pennyweight, bakers dozen ... what charms the old madness had.
I kinda agree here. The metric system is brilliant when it comes to scientific measurements and ease of use. However, even though I was raised on the metric system for 19 years, I find it these days easier to gauge distance in feet and inches. 8 inches are so much easier to gauge than 20 centimeters or so. At least for me.

The English system was designed around the human body and is much more natural to use I think. The SI system was designed for ease of use in a scientific environment. Ah well, I do both pretty well except with temperature. Celcius is just easier to use than Farenheit for me.

Temperature is relatively easy to convert between English and Standard compared to other units.

C = (5/9)(F-32)
F = 1.8C+32

Easy as pi. :rolleyes:

I can't think in feet and inches or Oz and pounds.

LL i'm surprised you find easier english system even when you got raised in metric. You must have had an english system influence in your childhood.

Luis G said:
I can't think in feet and inches or Oz and pounds.

LL i'm surprised you find easier english system even when you got raised in metric. You must have had an english system influence in your childhood.
Not at all. For 17 years the only thing I've ever used was the metric system. I learnt how to convert between inches, centimeters, and so on, but its only in the last 2, 3 years that I've learnt now to use the English system in everyday life. If someone asks me my lenght, I'd say 6' just because it sounds better than 1.84 meters.

Back