One Bad*** Chrysler

unclehobart said:
Assembly is only one component of the picture. The raw parts are being created at a dozen or more major in house factories as well as 30+ subcontractors. If the truth be told, almost every car in the world is a product of Taiwan, China, India, the UK, Ireland, Brazil, Canada, the US, Mexico... They are of the entire globe at once. No country can claim more than 20% origin or sweat going into any American based automobile.

Yeah, I never said that the fact it was assembled here was reason to make Canadian's proud to be Canadian but since it's not 100% American I don't see how it makes American proud to be American.

In the past, I would've said that the corporate HQ was in the US, and this is where the company was based. OTOH, that doesn't even apply anymore to Chrysler. Even large chunks of the design on this Magnum are German. A huge part of the interior design is out of the Mercedes playbook.

However, I'm willing to bet a majority of the shares are held by US entities. Nothing to back that up, it's just a guess based on what I know about how the stock market works. If I'm right, you could still say it's US owned.

Probably because we are one of the remaining countries where horespower and sheer size of a vehicle are 'cool'. Most industrialized counterparts have taxed the bejesus out of fuel and pulled back enough in sociology that most of their cars are nothing more than glorified sewing machines. Rampant consumerism is still king and I have an $80,000 600hp 12MPG pseudo-penis in the garage to prove it. I have a garage full of shit I don't use and I eat backyard BBQ 3 meals a day. I wave my flag only slightly more vigorously than I waggle my fingers asking for another beer. Our welfare poor still have a standard of living that outstrips 90% of the globe. I am an American; The tv has been telling me that I am 6% of the population, 25% of the consumption, and roughly half of the world power. We can't help but strut our stuff once in a while... even though most of us work against the very grain and system we claim to worship.

FUCK THE MAGNUM! I got to ride in a Hummer H3 today!

1_292.jpg

Hey, can I sign up for a hummer? Oh wait, you're talking about a car. Never mind.

HomeLAN said:
What the hell do you know? You're a damned Ford freak. ;)

Hell, our 1976 Ford gives us less trouble than the new caravan we had :p

H3s would be nice if they could accelerate out of their own way with that five-cylinder engine.

Inkara1 said:
H3s would be nice if they could accelerate out of their own way with that five-cylinder engine.

I wasn't driving but it didn't seem to have any problems accelerating...and it DEFINATELY had no problems with stopping or traction...her dad made it stop on a dime (to show us how well it could stop) and it was hailing/slopping snowing and it was very slippery out.

Nixy said:
Hell, our 1976 Ford gives us less trouble than the new caravan we had :p

Just don't trade it on a newer one. Nothing like the damned thing lighting up - while it's sitting in your garage - with the ignition off. It's both a vehicle AND a house fire. What a benny.

First class engineering, I tell ya.

HomeLAN said:
Just don't trade it on a newer one. Nothing like the damned thing lighting up - while it's sitting in your garage - with the ignition off. It's both a vehicle AND a house fire. What a benny.

First class engineering, I tell ya.

Trade it in? HAHAHA we'd lose our house and be living in the truck and have NO food before my mom would sell that truck.

Back