One more to go...

Being a Stephen King junkie, I see your point. It wasn't his best, but it ties to several other books of his in a way. You'd have to be a King junkie to really get it. It was kinda weird even for him.

I'm back in the non-fiction mode at the moment. Right now I'm starting a little treatise called Backtalk From Appalachia: Confronting Negative Stereotypes. I'll let y'all know how evil you are when I finish it. :grinyes:

I certainly saw the connections to the Dark Tower, but they weren't subtle at all. They seemed to be irrevelent to the story and existing ONLY for the sake of connections. They weren't woven into the story so that you eventually notice them and go like "oh, wow", they were just kinda thrown in there.

Didn't notice many other connections, but then again, that was the eighth King book I read, right after the DT books.

It was just weird. Christine, Carrie, and the DT books were all kinda subtle and different. Insomnia was a very point blank book, and take away all the (not) hidden connections, and it's not a great story. It's a story about the good guy overcoming his fears to save the damsel in distress and the village from the crazy bad guy.

SNP, I just got a bunch of old Civil War books from my uncle, I'll take a look in 'em and let you know if there's anything cool.

I really need to start reading again. Maybe I should stop by the library on Monday to see if they have any Stephen King in English. I used to like Stephen King.

Look all the way back to The Shining...SK has been writing the Dark Tower for 30+ years. In many of his recent works he seems to have put stuff in for constant reader & later had it edited to appear obvious to the occasional reader too.

I loved The Stand. In the end, it was a rough draft for DK.

Yea, you get a lot of cool stuff the second time.

Make sure you read the Little Sisters of Eluria too... It ain't long, but it's pretty good.

Actually, interesting story -

I was readin' through the Sword of Truth for the second time around, because Chainfire had just came out, and I needed to remember what had happened. After I finished Chainfire, I went to read Debt of Bones, a short story about Zedd back when he was young. It was in a book of short stories. After I finished Debt of Bones, I read the next one, which was Little Sisters of Eluria, which led me right into the Gunslinger and the DT (I had started reading the gunslinger once before, but I was too young, and I thought it was kinda tedious and stupid, because I was like 12 and wasn't ready for a book that complex).

That same book also has a nice short story about how Lan became Morraine's Warder, for you Robert Jordan fans.

Back