One of the most amazing open letters you will ever read

jimpeel

waht kind of car do you drive?

I take the bus! :brow:

F-350, one ton, crew cab dually w/ 7.5 liter (460 cid) gas V-8. 6,300 lbs, unladen, of pure comfort and utility. Like driving your living room. Room for six full grown passengers who can sit with their their legs crossed in the back seat.

I say where my transportation goes, by what route, how fast, and at what time. I listen to the stereo at whatever volume, and on whatever station, I desire; and I don't have to worry about some blissninny complaining about it. When I buy gas, I don't have to present exact change.

Vastly superior to bus travel, unless you have a desire to read while you are transported to your destination.

Buses do have one great advantage. They are big enough that, even without a seatbelt, you are relatively safe from injury or death by virtue of sheer weight advantage.

paul_valaru

100% Pure Canadian Beef
F-350, one ton, crew cab dually w/ 7.5 liter (460 cid) gas V-8. 6,300 lbs, unladen, of pure comfort and utility. Like driving your living room. Room for six full grown passengers who can sit with their their legs crossed in the back seat.

I say where my transportation goes, by what route, how fast, and at what time. I listen to the stereo at whatever volume, and on whatever station, I desire; and I don't have to worry about some blissninny complaining about it. When I buy gas, I don't have to present exact change.

Vastly superior to bus travel, unless you have a desire to read while you are transported to your destination.

Buses do have one great advantage. They are big enough that, even without a seatbelt, you are relatively safe from injury or death by virtue of sheer weight advantage.

it was just a penis size joke...

f-350 eh?

jimpeel

I drive an F350 Crew Cab Diesel longbed 4X4. :)

Mine's four wheel drive ... but only in the back.

Aren't you wishing your ran on gas about now? I remember when the dieselers used to brag about how they paid a lot less for fuel than the gassers. The worm turns.

Altron

Yeah, enjoy your cute little trucks. Do they come with built in purse holders?

19 feet.
HPIM0992.jpg

BTW - all this Orson Scott Card talk made me request one from the library. :)

catocom

My '86 chevy sportvan is close to that.
I've been driving my s10 v6-2.8L 5spd lately though.

jimpeel

Wow, I sure screwed that up. The nineteen foot wagon made me ponder "My wheelbase is 177 inches and that's over fourteen feet." The total length of my truck is a little over 22 feet.

I can say that some of the very best cars that I have ever owned were station wagons -- 1960 Buick, 1972 Ford woodside, 1975 Pinto although that Pinto was weak on the mechanical end. Had the V-6 and it left me stranded several times and the last time it did it I parted it out.