One too few Katrina victims

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
This man needs to STFU

Mayor Ray Nagin suggested Monday that Hurricanes Katrina and Rita and other storms were a sign that "God is mad at America" and at black communities, too, for tearing themselves apart with violence and political infighting.

"Surely God is mad at America. He sent us hurricane after hurricane after hurricane, and it's destroyed and put stress on this country," Nagin, who is black, said as he and other city leaders marked Martin Luther King Day.

"Surely he doesn't approve of us being in Iraq under false pretenses. But surely he is upset at black America also. We're not taking care of ourselves."

Nagin also promised that New Orleans will be a "chocolate" city again. Many of the city's black neighborhoods were heavily damaged by Katrina.

AP-The Chocolate City Source for news

I have heard others speak like this guy does. I would agree with the Iraq line if there was a god (no offense to believers). But the whole hurricane after hurricane is just bullshit. Though some Christians feel it is our life of sin that brought them. Not natural occurences

Even more interesting from my point of view. What's he really after? Money and power.

Perhaps he is just trying to redirect from the shabby handling of the whole situation by himself and other Louisiana politicians by passing the buck to God...and to the president for our involvement in the war.

tonksy said:
Perhaps he is just trying to redirect from the shabby handling of the whole situation by himself and other Louisiana politicians by passing the buck to God...and to the president for our involvement in the war.
"God's will or somebody else's fault..."

I still think he's trying to get somethiing out of it. Any time a politician or a preacher invokes a deity I put my hand on my wallet and sneak away quietly.

Doesn't the very first word say it all? "Mayor". He's mayor of a city that doesn't exist anymore ... and he was the very unprepared mayor at the time of it's distruction. It's called political damage control. Redirect people's anger to someone else.

For all the Mayor Nagins & Pat Robertsons & those who blame, curse or credit God...haven't they taken the lesson following the flood? You know, the one where God says, "eh, sorry, I was pissed...fuck it, from now on, you're on your own".

Mayor Ray Nagin suggested Monday that Hurricanes Katrina and Rita and other storms were a sign that "God is mad at America" and at black communities, too, for tearing themselves apart with violence and political infighting

This sugests that the racist card is still being used, when in fact there are comunities that lack any focus beyond the next welfare check. NO is part of of a welfare state and the Mayor didn't have the gonads to move the citizens of the city out of the area with the resources available, if he did he would have been rated up there with Rudy Giuliani.. Now all it looks like is that he is nothing but a two bit politition trying to cover his ass....

Back