Oooh! Ooooh! Job! Job!

ClaireBear

Banned
CB's local LEA online job board said:
Higher Level Teaching Assistant

This is an exciting new role, ideally suited to someone who has achieved or is undergoing HLTA training. As part of the re-modelling agenda and PPA arrangements for September we are seeking to appoint a dynamic committed, professional to join our staff team. This is a new post and it is expected that the person appointed will play a significant role in the way the post develops.

The successful candidate will be expected to work with children across the primary age range, advancing their learning, in a range of classroom settings, including working with individuals, small groups and whole classes where the teacher is not present. We hope to make the appointment as soon as possible in order to have a full induction programme and to give careful consideration to the opportunities which may arise.

Its not teaching but its in a school and its working with kids... I'm actually over qualified but I'm gonna go for it... the pays pretty good too... 17-21 pro-rata which is 15-19 really...

Wish me luck!!!!!

I'll keep you posted with developments!

unclehobart said:
So long as it keeps your qualifications up to date, I say jump on it.

Well... it wouldn't advance them any... but it would mean I'm actually in school using some of my skills...

Cheers mate... I'm writing off for an application pack tonight! :swing:

Gato_Solo said:
Good luck! I hope, when you get that job, they give you more money. ;)

I know £15 isn't much! :p ;)

I was meaning 15,000... thats about $30,000 isn't it? Not much but not bad... a teacher's salary starting out is 18,500... its better than what I'm getting now anyway!

It's a good thing to have on your resume, too... and hopefully the "overqualification" would actually help you land the job because there would be no doubt that you'd have the background skills needed to handle anything that would come up.

Plus, this would give you something to get your mind off Adrian. That can't hurt.

I won't wish you "luck" ,because that infers your unable to get it on your own with your current qualifications.I will however give you a "you go girl"
cheerleader.gif

Update: Just been informed that I've been shortlisted and invited to attend an interview and school tour!!!!
(My mum opened the letter and read it out to me over the phone!)

So glad I bought that suit on Sunday!!!! :D :D :D

Since CB is no longer able update this herself ,she wanted me to "share some good news with those who may still care"{her words} She got the job and "is over the moon" {also her words} :D

Congrats CB
perfect10.gif
cucumber.gif
bananalama.gif
PubDrink.gif
SmokinBanana.gif
dancing_dick.gif
fan_wave2.gif
cloud9.gif
genie.gif

Back