oooooOOOOOooooohhhh my aching feet.

greenfreak

Kinda gross question but hell you never minded before so why stop now?

I have two huge blisters on my big toes, between the top of my foot and the pad of the toe.

What do I do with them? Sterilize a pin and pop them, drain them, band-aid them? Will they go down by themselves? I haven't had blisters like this in so long, I can't even remember what I did last time.

Rusty and I did a shitload of walking today in the city. We had three appointments with wedding photographers, visits to a couple of shops that were having Labor Day-no sales tax sales, and a couple of restaraunts. We got to the city about 9am and got home at 9pm.

But, unless the last appointment we have next week is miles above what we saw today, we may have found our photographer, Lori Berkowitz. She was worth the pain, I actually gasped at the beauty of some of her photos. Her style is exactly what we want, the price is way below the other studios we went to, and we made a great personal connection with her.

I'll tell you, these wedding plans are not that hard. Piece of cake. :D

So anyway, pop 'em or leave 'em???

JJR512

If there is any chance you can spend this weekend pretty much off your feet as much as possible, I'd say leave them for now, see if they go down.

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
NEVER POP A BLISTER!

It leaves a nice open path for infection if you do...

Inkara1

I always popped mine and they never got infected. Well, I always popped the ones that didn't pop themselves. I'd do that and put something over it to keep it from getting rubbed more, like a band-aid or moleskin with a hole the size of the blister cut in the middle.

Lopan

Bathe your feet in white spirit, hardens them up so you won't get blisters. Don't do near naked flames, infact don't do anything naked near flames. :D

unclehobart

Epsom salt soak in hot water a few times a day. It will help reduce the general damage to the feet and ease the achiness.

I've has success in popping blisters. What you need to do is coat the open wound with neosporin and a band aid or some kind of second skin spray; even Betadine works great. I'd give up on fashionable shoes for a few days and go with comfy sneakers and wear double socks for extra cushioning.

Pop a few aspirin every 6 hours to combat the general swelling. lay off the alcohol for a week until your feet toughen up. And as strange as it sounds, eat fresh cherries to help our system flush out some of the toxic buildup of working those legs overtime.

greenfreak

The blisters decided for me. When I woke up, I went to slip on my slippers this morning and felt a "wetness" by my toes. Sure enough, the bigger blister popped right in my slipper. :sick:

So I basically did what you said Unc. Washed them, drained the blisters, put some betadyne on it, and bandaids. They feel so much better.

I would have worn sneakers yesterday like I always do when we go into the city but since we had all those appointments, I was dressed more formally than usual. Next time I bring my shoes in a backpack.

And the best part? I'm walking in a freaking parade tomorrow. By then, my sore muscles will have subsided a bit and then I'll stretch them out again so I should be fine.

On the upside, I just got back from my favorite clothes store. Seems that stepping up my excercise and watching what I eat has had some nice effects. I just went down two, count 'em TWO pants/shirt sizes. Guess that wedding dress is going to have to be taken in baby. :brow:

greenfreak

unclehobart said:
Pop a few aspirin every 6 hours to combat the general swelling. lay off the alcohol for a week until your feet toughen up. And as strange as it sounds, eat fresh cherries to help our system flush out some of the toxic buildup of working those legs overtime.
Oh and I don't have aspirin and don't drink alcohol but I do have grapes that I plan on eating later on. I just got back from running errands (ok, walking errands) and the legs feel a little better than they did when I woke up.

Thanks man. :)

unclehobart

Cool. :)

Barring any aspirin, just prop your feet up above your heart to keep the fluids down in the ankles and feet. Time to whip out the basic paramedic training. RICE it a wee bit and you should turn out dandy.