open to suggestions...my meal for tonight

I eat a lot of pasta too, mainly because its so quick and I usually just prepare a mixed salad to go with it. Good job I like salad... I put every vegatable imaginable in it, usually grated or finely chopped. I've even put raw beetroot in, that's nice but it turns everything pink. :)

But I'm going to have to stop eating the pasta 'cos I have to go on a gluten free diet to see if it helps my IBS. apparently I could be allergic to it. :shrug:

I have to find an alternative ~ possibly rice noodles ~ I'll have to check the ingredients... they do have a large section of gluten free stuff in Tesco's so I'll check it today when I'm in there.

Aunty Em said:
But I'm going to have to stop eating the pasta 'cos I have to go on a gluten free diet to see if it helps my IBS. apparently I could be allergic to it. :shrug:

Mmm beetroot.

Excuse my ignorance and laziness to go search the web to try and find out what it is, but what does IBS stand for?

Irritable Bowel Syndrome

Bloating, wind, constipation, diarrhoea, pain... generally unpleasant ~ it's an over stimulation of the smooth muscle but they don't know what causes it and it's usually treated through diet or drugs(rarely). I generally suffer from the diarrhoea... and believe me when I say you have to RUN when you get an attack, notmally at the most inappropriate times. In my case certain foods excerbate the situation... grapes, tomatoes, sweetcorn, oranges... I'm still learning and probiotics help to sooth things... live bacteria yougurt drinks ~ taste foul but do help. Cutting out gluten and yeast may help ~ I really hope so because it's been a lot worse just lately. Stress also makes it worse.

Aunty Em said:
a favourite of mine is spagetti with parmasan, bacon and mushrooms...
That sounds delicious. I'm gonna give it a whirl this weekend. :)

Q said:
Aunty Em said:
a favourite of mine is spagetti with parmasan, bacon and mushrooms...
That sounds delicious. I'm gonna give it a whirl this weekend. :)

Throw in some egg and you pretty much have a Carbonara ;)

Mmmm shouldn't have skipped lunch today. Absolutely starving now :(

Egg?? Should I just whip that in with the bacon and mushrooms? Might have to toss a scallion in there too. This might not wait till the weekend . :)

i like to get sweet n sour chicken(Chinese restaurant close to school) then go to KFC and get some Chicken Strips and eat that at my anime/rpg group. its sooooooooooooooooooooo damn good!!!

Q said:
Egg?? Should I just whip that in with the bacon and mushrooms? Might have to toss a scallion in there too. This might not wait till the weekend . :)

Ingredients

1 pound spaghetti
1 pound bacon, chopped
4 eggs, well beaten
1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1/4 cup olive oil

Directions
1 Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add pasta and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente; drain.
2 Meanwhile, place bacon in a large, deep skillet. Cook over medium high heat until evenly brown. Drain, reserving some of the drippings, crumble and set aside.
3 Scramble eggs in bacon drippings.
4 Place spaghetti in a large bowl. Pour in olive oil, and mix well; use enough to just moisten spaghetti. Stir in bacon, eggs, and Parmesan cheese. Serve immediately.

The best rigatoni ala vodka I ever had was this pizzeria where I used to live, and they put chop meat in the sauce. Oooooh man it was good.

Living alone and cooking pasta constantly contributed greatly to my acid reflux. I have always had problems like Auntie described but when I stopped with all the tomatoes, pasta, rice, bread, etc. and started eating Lean Cuisines and drinking a liter-2 liters of water a day, that all went away. Yes, my stress level is way down too from what it was then. I'm symptom free most days which enabled me to eat that pasta last night without taking my prevacid first. Two years ago I would have been doubled over in pain if I didn't. :)

I really like that recipe by the way but I'm not a seafood eater. I'd just take that out, add in the chop meat and some finely chopped onions. Oh man now I'm hungry again! :D

yeah ... cod liver oil is nasty... but soooooo nutritious. Too bad it makes your breath smell like cats ass for a few hours.

greenfreak said:

You cant taste it that way. :)

Good for the heart and the joints, it makes the blood less sticky and since I have osteo-arthritis and am overweight that's good. I also take, garlic oil capsules - heart, calcium with d 'cos I don't eat much dairy and glucoseamine sulphate an amino acid which is the percursor for cartilage and good for joints and hence arthritis, and no I don't take pain-killers. The gs helps to reduce pain and I do suffer much less pain in my knees and hip when I take it. Basically they are all food supplements which have beneficial effects in the right dosage.

Back