Oscar crap

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
Until it gets political...

A major no-show at tonight's Academy Awards in Hollywood will be Mel Gibson.

The Executive Producer of the program, Joe Roth, asked the filmmaker of PASSION OF THE CHRIST to present an award, knowing it would create unforgettable sparks.

The LA TIMES reports that Gibson let the offer expire because, Roth says, he was afraid of being booed.

His representatives said Gibson was too busy to attend because it was the movie's opening weekend.

Developing...

Maybe he's too busy counting his $117 Million dollars :lol:

Gonz said:
Until it gets political...

Maybe he's too busy counting his $117 Million dollars :lol:

SUCKS...we only have satelite and I dont get the Academy awards here.
I only like to watch to see worse dressed and best dressed,hehe.

ROTK got 11 oscars out of 11 nominations :eek2:

thou, i disagreed with the award for best adaptation.

angelina jolie's dress made it worthwhile for me. and getting to stare at charlize theron for the other part of the night. :)

as usual, I hadn't seen ANY of the nominated films, but then I don't care for most of what Hollywood churns out, although I'll probably rent Monster and Mystic River at some point

is it my imagination, or were the awards not as interesting this year? they seemed boring, actually... :confused:

anyone think it's because of the 5 second delay?

Ms Ann Thrope said:
as usual, I hadn't seen ANY of the nominated films, but then I don't care for most of what Hollywood churns out, although I'll probably rent Monster and Mystic River at some point

is it my imagination, or were the awards not as interesting this year? they seemed boring, actually... :confused:

anyone think it's because of the 5 second delay?

I can suggest "Les Invasions Barbares" - or the Barbarian Invasions as a movie that must be seen. A follow-up to another great film "Le declin de l'empire americain" - The Decline of the American Empire, it's about reaping what you have sown---in this case, the sexual debauchery, cheating, drug use and emotional upgrage of the 1970-80's coming to fruition and rotting on the branch. It's about making amends, the disgrace of the medical problems caused by std's, and overeating...the disintegration of marraiges etc...

As a huge fan of the first movie, I had no doubt in my mind that the second film would be great. I have not been proven wrong. Have no fear, Nathalie, this is not the child of Hollywood...it's a far more ferocious, dirty and unforgiving bastard-son of the type of movie you'd see in the oscars normally.

:) WOOHOO!!! We won one!

MrBishop said:
I can suggest "Les Invasions Barbares" - or the Barbarian Invasions as a movie that must be seen. A follow-up to another great film "Le declin de l'empire americain" - The Decline of the American Empire, it's about reaping what you have sown---in this case, the sexual debauchery, cheating, drug use and emotional upgrage of the 1970-80's coming to fruition and rotting on the branch. It's about making amends, the disgrace of the medical problems caused by std's, and overeating...the disintegration of marraiges etc...

Oh, you mean it's about what Gonzo thinks?

On the other hand, our movie "Ondskan"("The Evil", "Evil" or whatever) didn't win anything. :(

MrBishop said:

As a huge fan of the first movie, I had no doubt in my mind that the second film would be great. I have not been proven wrong. Have no fear, Nathalie, this is not the child of Hollywood...it's a far more ferocious, dirty and unforgiving bastard-son of the type of movie you'd see in the oscars normally.

:) WOOHOO!!! We won one!

you mentioned that movie to me once, I will have to rent it. It sounds cool.

now I missed most of them. Did the movie Big Fish win any? I saw it nominated

It was boring because it was utterly predictable. The LOTR team should have just stayed on the stage instead of taking time to get up every other minute to accept an award.

Every award was predictable, not interesting.

Freako

Big Fish was nominated for best original music score...it lost to LOTR.

IDLEchild said:
It was boring because it was utterly predictable.

true, but I also think the 5 second delay they instituted effectively muzzled the winners from any provocative speeches they might have made as well as inhibiting any sort of spontaneity :shrug:

The delay was not to edit politcal speech but to keep our kids & uptight twats from having to hear FUCK BUSH.

Back