OTC is moving again!

One thing I really like about Invision board is that you can have it automatically promote people through usergroups depending on how many posts they have. So say you need 100 posts to post in the Lunatic Lounge, so I'd set regular members not to be able to post there, and then set that usergroup to automatically promote members to the next highest group at 100 posts, and they would then be able to post there. I like that. I like it a lot. :beerbang:

That would be kinda cool, so what, everyone would have to start at the Kiddie Korner?

I also noticed there are no av's (which also increases loadtime, no?). I know how much work it would take to make it a mirror image for testing purposes but I'm not sure the benefits are going to be worth the work to get moved and add all the features back in.

My concerns are decent load times and limited downtime. As far as looks go, I'm not all that worried. I know, I'm no help. :D Sorry!!

greenfreak said:
I also noticed there are no av's (which also increases loadtime, no?). I know how much work it would take to make it a mirror image for testing purposes but I'm not sure the benefits are going to be worth the work to get moved and add all the features back in.

My concerns are decent load times and limited downtime. As far as looks go, I'm not all that worried. I know, I'm no help. :D Sorry!!

I added an av to my profile ~ 64 x 64.

Yeah, avs and attachments were just a few of the things that could not be converted.

I don't think avatars would increase load time by too much, though. I think they're all stored as files same as attachments.

Ok, everyone get over there and put some load on this thing, lets see if we can crash it.:D

ohh that board has some nice features that encourages you to abuse tha power j/k:D :D

Stupid question... Are all the posts the same there as here? Or is it like an old backup that you put on there?

If you want load, I'll start new threads in CAD and start posting pics like crazy... I guess spam is allowed since we're doing it for testing, huh?

Yes, spam away. It's the conversion of an old backup from about the 9th if I'm not mistaken.

I really don't care in what software you put these. I'll keep coming here to see all people that made me like these kind of site. That said, I didn`t see much of a difference in load times and I`m on 56k. Are you going to move Xi also?

Back