OTC Mail

What he said. :tardbang:

I figured out how to force a user's displayed group tags to a certain group, set it to the displaygroupid field. Problem is, there's no way to do that from the admin CP, so any time someone contributes and wants their yellow (blue on the silver style :D) name I'll have to run a DB query.

Oh, believe me, it does a LOT that I want. It's no slouch by any means. Wouldn't trade it in for even anything I wrote myself. Unless of course it was better than vB. :tardbang:

vB is OK really.

I'm stressing phpbb at the moment and then I have DNA issues with another site and the hosting company aren't being helpful and it is them that broke it.

vB rocks most of the time though and it has a lot of handy little hacks that can be added into it

DNA issues, eh? :rofl4:

I'd recommend Invision Board if you don't got the money to play around with vB. It's much better than anything phpBB group can puke out.

fury said:
DNA issues, eh? :rofl4:

I'd recommend Invision Board if you don't got the money to play around with vB. It's much better than anything phpBB group can puke out.

oopsie :blush: little typo there. I mean DNS issues

we did have invision but we had a nightmare with it and as we had to rebuild quick and there was a prob with the IPB site at that time we went for phpbb. I hate it and can't get it to even do a thread merge.

we was gonna go for vB till we saw the prices and after just having to pay for new hosting too we can't really afford to do that. Unless some king sole wants to donate to me a vB licence for the next 12 months ;)

I takes a great deal to make us ban anyone. Despite common belief. The last banning was someone threatening physical violence (other than 2x4ing) against a member of the staff. I banned that one myself.

Back