Our dollar takes a giant leap

the Canadian dollar has gained almost two thirds of a US cent as investors buy the currency because of the stronger Canadian economy and the continued weakness of the U.S. dollar.

A prime example of why Canada is better than the U.S. :headbang:

65 cents is nice considering the dollar has been down the crapper and back again... but when it goes over $0.70, then I'll really celebrate. :cool:

sbcanada said:
65 cents is nice considering the dollar has been down the crapper and back again... but when it goes over $0.70, then I'll really celebrate. :cool:

Sorry, sb, but I don't get it. The Canadian dollar is worth only 65 cents, and it only rose 2/3 of a cent. The dollar moves up and down against world currencies all the time. It's just ebb and flow. However, if the Canadian dollar continues to rise, and eclipses the USD entirely, then you can start your celebration. Doesn't matter to me one way or the other except for your early celebration. ;)

Gato_Solo said:
The Canadian dollar is worth only 65 cents

But that's a hell of a lot better than 61 cents it was at a while ago, isn't it? ;)

I would celebrate 70 cents because that is actually a decent amount when we buy American currency. :headbang:

I don't know. For a second there, I was confused. Sounded like you were dissing both currencies. Hmmm...I still have some of those Loonies (about 200) from 1989. Perhaps I should cash them in now...

A loonie is a $1 coin. Why? Because of the loon on it. A toonie is a $2 coin, and will by you a lot of timbits at Tim Hortons. :D

Gato_Solo said:
I don't know. For a second there, I was confused. Sounded like you were dissing both currencies. Hmmm...I still have some of those Loonies (about 200) from 1989. Perhaps I should cash them in now...

You are going to exhange your Canadian money for American money? Well that would be profitable if the dollar was less than 65 cents when you bought those loonies. :brow:

If you're gonna try to do that with the canuck buck, you're gonna end up keeping them.

It's truely sad that the Loonie could be competetive, but that the Gov't is deliberately keeping it down to encourage american work to migrate north. I live near several of the biggest film studios in Canada, and they're going great guns right now. They simply can't keep up with demand.

nice to see that the canadian slang for their money is about as daft as ours :D

shrapnel - little coins
nuggets - one pound coins
blue beer voucher - fiver
orange beer voucher - tenner
purple beer voucher - twenty

then there's the cockney rhyming slang for them all :D

Back