Our dollar takes a giant leap

They keep it so low to make our products more competitive on international markets also.

(scanned it myself) :bgking:

Attachments

• loonie.gif
    loonie.gif
    17.4 KB · Views: 61
Ha'pennies are no longer legal tender and I don't have a £2 coin in my purse at the moment. :)

That funny little 5p in the piccy replaced the old shilling as well. It's a bloody nuisance, it takes ages to prise it out of the corners...

Oh, 2 or 3 years back I think, can't remember exactly when. Maybe someone else can remember.

Also, there is a newer 50p which is smaller than the one in the piccy, but I haven't seen one for ages. They're gradually reducing the size of the coins to a more "continental" size.

Professur said:
Frig. I'm gonna have to make an effort to collect the new coins.

You can buy complete sets of newly minted coins from the Post Office I think, and souvenier shops in London. I'd be surprised if they weren't available online somewhere. :)

I liked the old bills better... We have a collection of older Canadian bills... includes the $10, $5, $2, and even $1 bill. :bgtup:

One of the many ways to spot a phony.

There are so many, I carry a pocket black light with me and check all my change before I leave the cashier. Flips them right out.

Back