Out of rehab, Pat K waffles on boozing

highwayman

Like father like son.....

http://news.bostonherald.com/politics/view.bg?articleid=142324

Fresh out of rehab, Rhode Island Rep. Patrick Kennedy acknowledged that at least two people have told cops he was drinking at a Washington, D.C., bar the night he wrecked his car, including a waitress who works for a Republican rival.

Kennedy yesterday said that an aide to U.S. Rep. Roy Blunt (R-Mo.) who moonlights as a waitress at the Hawk ’N Dove bar told police Kennedy was in the watering hole before he crashed his Mustang into a security barrier near the U.S. Capitol in May.

I don't know what happened to that car & the girl inside-I was home sleeping.

Yeeeaaa right...Antbody that has been to Washington DC knows about the high population of blacks that live there...The only other area that I know of with a higher population is a few parishes in Louisiana....

http://www.nydailynews.com/front/story/424089p-357769c.html
Fresh from rehab, Rep. Patrick Kennedy said yesterday he wants to be treated like an African-American from Washington if and when he gets charged for crashing his car on Capitol Hill.
Denying that he was drunk and or that he asked the Capitol Police for preferential treatment, Kennedy, a Rhode Island congressman, said he's prepared "in terms of bookings, in terms of mug shots, fingerprints, whatever they might have me do."

"It's what anyone else would have done to them if they were an African-American in Anacostia," Kennedy said in a shaky voice, referring to the mostly minority neighborhood in southeastern Washington.

Later, Kennedy fretted that "there are probably people who want to throw the book at me a little more to prove that they're not treating me special."

highwayman said:
Yeeeaaa right...Antbody that has been to Washington DC knows about the high population of blacks that live there...The only other area that I know of with a higher population is a few parishes in Louisiana....

http://www.nydailynews.com/front/story/424089p-357769c.html

Now that was one of the most racist thing's I've seen in a long time. If he was African-American, he would've been eating asphalt 10 seconds after they stopped his car...and I mean that literally. I'll be expecting an apology for that statement soonest. What a bastard...:hmm: :grumpy:

No doupt, hav'nt seen any minorety group up in arms over it yet, but some action will be expected in the near future...

highwayman said:
No doupt, hav'nt seen any minorety group up in arms over it yet,

That's because they haven't been told they were insulted yet. Gotta give the machine time.

Professur said:
That's because they haven't been told they were insulted yet. Gotta give the machine time.

I've been thinking about sending an e-mail, but if they can't figure that one out on their own they're either idiots, who don't deserve the prodding, or ass-kissers, who don't deserve the time.

Kennedy's statement are not racist. He is a blue blooded citizen of Massachusetts, not a Southerner. Hence, he cannot possibly be racist.

*gag*

constructed another way his statements could be profoundly anti-racist. he's saying that he should be treated the way he knows blacks get treated unfairly, instead of the way a silver spoon white boy gets treated. there's nothing inherently racist in him mentioning that black folk have it rough in the 'justice' system. if anything it was a lame attempt at pandering.

somebody explain to me how this is racist...? and what does this have to do with a "high" population of blacks in washington, new orleans, or whatever? (hey there's black people in seattle too... about 17 of 'em.)

Pandering is about right. Notice, he said that AFTER rehab, not at the scene of the accident.

The point I was trying to make had been he made the statement about wanted to be treated like the blacks had been in an area that had a high population of blacks. Going back to SnPs post five posts back if he had been born and raised in say Alabama and the incident happened in Fargo North Dakota and made the statement somwere in between he would be strung up by his testicles by now by somebody...

I don't think it was racist but it was not the most inteligent statement he could have made...

highwayman said:
I don't think it was racist but it was not the most inteligent statement he could have made...

1. Came off that way to me.
2. I grew up with racism, and I heard the 'n' word more in the North than the South.
3. The New England area is more racist than where I grew up. BTDT.

How was it racist and not pandering?

1. He was given his free pass in a black neighborhood, and he knew it.
2. He only thinks knows how a black person would be treated if they were stopped for the same thing.
3. He pointed out the differences.

Pandering would have at least involved a statement along the lines of "I feel your pain"...

Back