Outlook 2003 .pst to Outlook 2000 import

MrBishop

OK...
I had a version of Office put on my computer a while back. It was the store's copy (unregistered) and in French. Pain in the ass..but OK. It started going wonky...so I decided to get rid of it all and load my LEGAL Office 2k pro on my compi instead. I did a backup of my Outlook files (.pst), and loaded my Office 2k Pro.

Now, I'm trying to import my .pst file and it's not having anything to do with it.

Any ideas? Is there an issue with backwards compatibility?

Your only solution might be to pay Micro$oft a bunch of money for the newer version of Outlook in English.

Going backward with M$ is almost always a problem. You should have saved it as a .csv, but how were you to know. ;) It's a proprietary databse format but you might look for something to convert it to a text file. OpenOffice.org will solve all your M$ problems and BOP is right about T-bird. There's an even better one called Evolution but I don't think it's available for Winders.

Or http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/outlook/HA011190371033.aspx

Thanks..I've DLed T-Bird amd I'm running it now. It's not bad...looks different, but runs nicely. :)

Now I just have to figure out a way to link with my Palm M105 and I'll be humming right along :D

Back