Paging Mr Noah, Mr Noah, white courtesy phone

we've had some unreal weather here too .. it's been about 65 degrees in the early mornings .. doesn't get up to about 72 until noonish ..

~runs out before anyone smacks me~

nalani said:
we've had some unreal weather here too .. it's been about 65 degrees in the early mornings .. doesn't get up to about 72 until noonish ..

~runs out before anyone smacks me~

Been that way here as well. Looks like winter will be back this coming weekend, though. The high is going to be in the 40's. :( There goes fishing... :crying4:

unclehobart said:
You can still fish. Just use explosives and a skim net ... relaxing. :D

Good idea except for one thing...the game wardens take a dim view of such shenanigans. Besides...I prefer drowning worms...

It's going to be a great wildfire season :glee:

The storm was the latest in a string of powerful systems that has dumped as much as 19 feet of snow in the Sierra and 6½ feet in the Reno area since Dec. 28.

Forecasters called the series of storms the snowiest in the Reno-Lake Tahoe area since 1916.

Forecasters had originally said that some areas of Southern California might receive more than 20 inches of precipitation over the weekend. Although they later reduced that estimate, a campground near Mt. Wilson, Opids Camp, received 20.82 inches of precipitation between 4 p.m. Saturday and 4 p.m. Sunday.

In that same time period, downtown Los Angeles received 4.49 inches of rain, Beverly Hills 7.79 inches, Santa Monica 4.7 inches, Chatsworth 5.81 inches, Claremont 7.51 inches and Lancaster 2.36 inches.

The current dousing, which began Thursday, has been the heaviest. More than 15 inches have fallen in Los Angeles in the first nine days of 2005, as much as the average annual rainfall downtown.

The weather here has been real odd, and jumping back and forth between nice days and bitter freezing cold days where your undies will freeze to your privates.

Oh wait, I live in Colorado, this is normal.

Re: Paging Mr Noah, Mr Noah, white coutesty phone

unclehobart said:
That part of Cali can't handle 5 inches of rain in a short spell?
3 Dead, 12 Missing After Calif. Mudslide
LA CONCHITA, Calif. - [size=-1] A huge mudslide crashed down on homes in a coastal hamlet with terrifying force Monday, killing three people and leaving up to 12 missing as a Pacific storm hammered Southern California for a fourth straight day.
[/size]

[size=-1]source
[/size]

we've hit 190% of our 5.7 inches of annual rainfall, and it still pouring rain right now.

I thought this impressive.

capt.cadd10101102308.topix_california_storm_cadd101.jpg

Got TNT?

I love that pic, too. It's just so weird how that boulder stopped in the exact center of the road like that.

Inkara1 said:
[/size][/font]

[size=-1]source
[/size]
Mudslides seem to happen out there regardless of wether it rains or not. I guess it to be too much clearing for building dwellings willy-nilly. Once you clear out enough trees and brush, theres no root system to keep it glued together in times of stress.

Back