parking lot adventure

Dave

people suck

when i got to work today, parking was scarce. all of the lots were full. the lot i park in has a single row of cars near the street where 1 or 2 cars can park perpendicular to the other cars. there is enough space to allow the next row of cars to pull out, but not enough to make a double row (does that make sense? its a dirt lot, no lines) after lunch, i went out to move my car. when i got to it, i noticed another car awfully close to mine. sure enough, the bumper was right up against my fender. i moved the car carefully, just in case, and sure enough there was a dimple in the fender. not big, maybe 2" in diameter.
i notified security and they eventually tracked down the owner. (a student nurse by the way.) to say she was adamant about it not being her fault would be to put it mildly. she even went as far as accusing me of damaging the car else where and trying to blame her! i cant imagine that she couldn't have noticed she hit me. there was no way to miss it when she got out of her car. i mean...duh. if the dumb bitch had just backed up 6", i probably never would have noticed it till the next time i washed the car.
if she was just cool about it, i probably would have shrugged it off. since she was such an asshole about it, i think i may just file a claim against her.

then again, knowing myself, i just may say screw it and leave it there, so long as the paint is intact. i generally find being vindictive just too much work....

But vindictivness is usually just too much fun to pass on too...

It's a genuine paradox.

when i told the story to one of the doctors, he said " i witnesed that and you were in the car at the time and now you have whiplash"

:laugh:

Spot, is your bumper plastic? If it's one of those bumpers that will bounce back into shape, you might not even notice it afterwards. I had that happen to me (a valet didn't put my emergency brake on and it rolled back into a tree) but an hour later, the dent was gone. Since it was a plastic bumper, it wouldn't rust, so I left it alone and it was fine.

I witnessed people hitting other cars in parking lot three times at this one job I had years ago. I was on the third floor with a floor-to-ceiling window behind me.

I once saw this woman back into a car so hard while parallel parking that she actually moved it. She pulled forward, didn't look at the damage and walked away. So I casually walked out to the lot, wrote down her info and left it on the car that was hit. It was interesting to see him wait for her at the end of the day and then freak out on her about it. :D

Geez...How inconsiderate can a person be? Too much of the 'me' generation I guess... :shrug:

the dent is along the back edge of the wheel well. i'm hoping it can just be popped out. it is a pain to be without a car for 3 days. bringing it to the shop tomorrow to have it looked at. i was so tired from work last night, i opted to sleep in today.

I backed into a car once, couldn't find the owner, and couldn't wait around for hours to see if someone would come and get it, so I left my name, phone number, and business address on a card and left it on the windshield, along with a note explaining I had backed into them and to contact me for my insurance info. I never heard from them. :shrug:

I probably would have been shocked too, but I still would have contacted them to get it fixed, it was a brand new Geo.

PuterTutor said:
I probably would have been shocked too, but I still would have contacted them to get it fixed, it was a brand new Geo.

There's your answer. GEO...the Yugo of the 21st century. :D :laugh5: :rofl2::rofl3:

PuterTutor said:
I backed into a car once, couldn't find the owner, and couldn't wait around for hours to see if someone would come and get it, so I left my name, phone number, and business address on a card and left it on the windshield, along with a note explaining I had backed into them and to contact me for my insurance info. I never heard from them. :shrug:

Somebody once pranged my car while I was away and left a note that said "Phone me" and no number! ?( Doh!

Squiggy said:
:lol: That would make me angrier than the dent...

The air turned extremely blue! Old ladies and small children had to cover their ears from at least a mile away... :lol:

just got the initial appraisal for my little ding. $380.
called the insurance co. and got the paper work started.

Spot said:
just got the initial appraisal for my little ding. $380.
called the insurance co. and got the paper work started.

Is it going to affect your insurance premium when it next comes up for renewal?

Back