Passing of the guard

Inkara1

I got my wireless keyboard for Christmas 2001. I replaced the batteries for the second time earlier tonight.

My old Logitech mouse used up a set every month or two. It was one of the first cordless optical mice ever made, though. The Microsoft one I've been using since September is still on the original batteries.

I really can't believe the battery life I get with this keyboard. I can only remember ever changing the batteries in it once before today, and that's a vague memory. We'll see how these ones work, because they're the Albertson's/SavOn store brand AA batteries. It had Energizers in it before... and they still showed 1.1 volts. But the signal started cutting out and stuff I typed wasn't showing up anymore. Replacing the batteries fixed the problem.

My mom's kinda like that. She's got a "magnetic personality." She stops watches and has even demagnetized a few credit cards just by touching them.

holy smokes, i had no idea wireless HID got such great battery life. do you ever touch your keyboard or just cut and paste from the character map?

so...c'n I ask a stupid question?

why wireless when you still need to be able to see the monitor anyway so can't go too far regardless?

What'm I missing?

Leslie said:
so...c'n I ask a stupid question?

why wireless when you still need to be able to see the monitor anyway so can't go too far regardless?

What'm I missing?

Think 50 inch plasma screen. :D :brow:

I don't get the wireless trackball (I use a Trackman Marble+). The thing sits there on the desk and I put my hand on it. Why would I need a wireless one. Note that my wife has a wireless optical desktop and loves it. I don't know how her battery life is. :shrug:

I never had any cord issues with the corded keyboard, but I used to always have issues with the mouse3 cord being too short. Having the cordless mouse really helped with that.

I must be forgetting a time or two for changing my batteries, because it's hard to believe I get such good battery life. Every single letter typed on my computer since December 25, 2001 has been with this keyboard, so it gets plenty of use.

And throughout he never even once intimated

the brand or model of the keyboard to which he was referring too...

Logitech Y-RC14 cordless keyboard. It's not part of a "cordless desktop" bundle; the mouse was bought separately. It's odd that the Logitech keyboard is such a battery miser, since the Logitech cordless optical mouse I bought a few months prior was such a battery hog.

Back