PC strikes Canuckistan

"Even in Kingston, some parents tell us they worry that sending their children to Queen's won't prepare them for the diversity of the world," said Mighty, a black professor who notes she has not experienced discrimination herself, but knows professors of colour who feel isolated on campus.

There it is in a nutshell. "No, I haven't been discriminated against, but I'm sure someone has".

Fuck off.

knows professors of colour who feel isolated on campus

They should get out more.

"It's not so much active racism, as a lack of sensitivity about diversity."

That has to go into the top 10 list for insipid, milquetoast quotes

given how frequently shit like this gets posted here, it seems like those silly minorities aren't the only ones with delusions of persecution.

but knows professors of colour who feel isolated on campus.

They're probably isolated more because of being geeky science types who don't have good hygiene instead of because they are black.I bet Bill Gates was never invited to alot of parties in College either.

2minkey said:
given how frequently shit like this gets posted here, it seems like those silly minorities aren't the only ones with delusions of persecution.
One can't help their ethnic staus but one can grow out of liberal fallacies.

Are you sure?

You guys've given it your best shot for all these years and haven't turned me yet :p

We can't turn you. We are here to inform & correct falsehoods but you must make the effort to change.

Sounds like an AA meeting, huh?

You know what...I wouldn't be surprised if it was true...Queens is a VERY white school...

and white is evil & corrupted & greedy & mean and, well, you get the picture.

Gonz said:
and white is evil & corrupted & greedy & mean and, well, you get the picture.

No...I'm just saying that very few people of visible minorites go there...I have some friends who go there and they said almost everyone is white...there has to be some reason that visible minorities don't go there.

no...just...vanilla.

It's a REALLY white school.

[random useless fact]My sister went there.[/random useless fact]

Nixy said:
No...I'm just saying that very few people of visible minorites go there...I have some friends who go there and they said almost everyone is white...there has to be some reason that visible minorities don't go there.

Because white is evil & corrupted & greedy & mean and, well, you get the picture...it was a poke at racism, not you

Gonz said:
Because white is evil & corrupted & greedy & mean and, well, you get the picture...it was a poke at racism, not you

:shrug:

Western is a rich snobby school...every school falls under a stereotype...and from my experience it's usually true.

Used to be every school was, Nixy. Rich, snobby, and sucessful. Because once upon a time, going there wasn't a right, it was a privlege.

Professur said:
Used to be every school was, Nixy. Rich, snobby, and sucessful. Because once upon a time, going there wasn't a right, it was a privlege.

Well, Western is the extreme now...it doesn't cost anymore than here I don't think but they're all living off mommy and daddy's dollar...designer clothes and the like.

Nixy said:
Well, Western is the extreme now...it doesn't cost anymore than here I don't think but they're all living off mommy and daddy's dollar...designer clothes and the like.

Now, is that fact, or opinion, or heresay?

Back