PC strikes Canuckistan

Professur said:
Now, is that fact, or opinion, or heresay?

It's observation. I spent a weekend at Western last year. It's also the opinion people I know who go there and other people I know who have spent time there. Go out there on a Sat night and go out here on a Sat night...you can see the difference in the clothes they wear. I felt like a friggin welfare case when I went out to a club there.

Nixy said:
It's observation. I spent a weekend at Western last year. It's also the opinion people I know who go there and other people I know who have spent time there. Go out there on a Sat night and go out here on a Sat night...you can see the difference in the clothes they wear. I felt like a friggin welfare case when I went out to a club there.

Now, read what you just wrote. See if you can see what I see.

Professur said:
Now, read what you just wrote. See if you can see what I see.

Another business day has ended with no phone calls...I'm in no mood to think atm.

Nixy said:
Another business day has ended with no phone calls...I'm in no mood to think atm.

So typical of today's youth. They actually need to prepare themselves before thinking....

How cool would it be if folks that were bustin' their
asses off to get in that place let it be known
in no uncertain terms that if they follow the policy of:

"the university vows to be more aggressive in shedding
its reputation as a tony enclave of white privilege"

then they will not be attending nor contributing
now or in the future

Hell get a load on minorities that are illiterate
and bus 'em in under some 'affirmative action' program
a sure fire way to turn the place into a sinkhole

is there no place safe for high achieving folks devoid
of melanin? heh

Winky said:
How cool would it be if folks that were bustin' their
asses off to get in that place let it be known
in no uncertain terms that if they follow the policy of:

"the university vows to be more aggressive in shedding
its reputation as a tony enclave of white privilege"

then they will not be attending nor contributing
now or in the future

Hell get a load on minorities that are illiterate
and bus 'em in under some 'affirmative action' program
a sure fire way to turn the place into a sinkhole

is there no place safe for high achieving folks devoid
of melanin? heh

It will NEVER happen. Queens requires an english literacy test for everyone entering Engineering there even if you're born and bred Canadian. I dunno about other programs. With that said, the number of visible minorities who apply to Queens is very low thus the number who attend is also very low. Universities here are government subsidized...you get in based on marks and for no other reason. Noone gets in because they're good at football and have "ok" marks. It just doesn't happen. You make the grade cut or you go elsewhere.

Nixy said:
Queens requires an english literacy test for everyone entering Engineering there even if you're born and bred Canadian.

RACIST!!! THAT IS A RACIST POLICY!!!!!

;)

Winky said:
is there no place safe for high achieving folks

That's enough right there. High achieving folks are the minority of all races so whatever few there are deserve a place to call their own (the White House?)

Inkara1 said:
RACIST!!! THAT IS A RACIST POLICY!!!!!

;)

No, it's a "you have to speak our language" policy. I wish Mac had it...can't understand half of the god damned TAs:grumpy:

Nixy said:
No, it's a "you have to speak our language" policy. I wish Mac had it...can't understand half of the god damned TAs:grumpy:

Nope. Racist. Just ask any illegal immigrant... not changing your language requirements to convenience them is discriminatory.

Inkara1 said:
Nope. Racist. Just ask any illegal immigrant... not changing your language requirements to convenience them is discriminatory.

Fuck them

Nixy said:
Fuck them

Wow, you are a little randy today, aren't you? And how, pray tell, will you get the message across unless you learn their language. Oh, and their customs. Wouldn't want you to go getting stoned for showing too much ankle.

That's what I say... but they can march downtown and they can poison my tacos.

What really irks me is that a lot of them actually do know enough English to get by... when it's convenient for them.

Inkara1 said:
That's what I say... but they can march downtown and they can poison my tacos.

What really irks me is that a lot of them actually do know enough English to get by... when it's convenient for them.

Of course. Seinfield translated into Spanish ruins all the jokes.

Back