*Peeps around Corner*

Scanty

Wot? I said you were English... that you were just a squatter in Wales for the edjumakashun.

I know, I know.... :)

No, I ain't married yet. Won't be for a long time I feel. I still have my bloke, although no little-uns running around yet thank god. I just turned 23 the other day. Graduated in July. Actually I have an interview on Thursday to work at the STA (Student Travel Association) in Oxford. I still want to write, but I have -£1,900 in the bank so..... you know.

What else... Ah yes, I discovered for the first time the other day that what Americans call 'peanut butter jelly sandwiches' are actually just peanut butter and JAM sandwiches. It was an absolute revelation. I can't tell you. I have been recovering ever since.

Americans call jam, 'jelly'. It is the source of all their troubles.

Scanty

It's crazy to see how some of the people here can so easily switch from speaking american to speaking english.

That's because U-to the-N-to the-C-to the-L-to the-E Hobart is h'actually an h'onorary Englishman.

Innit.

Scanty

..i gotta good feeling about this guy / sexy blonde chick ...

:(

Alas, I am a 7-foot-tall, muscular Russian weightlifter with sparse hair on his nipples. My name is Naberezhnyi Whojewnickabollockoff and I like raw meat.

tonksy

I know, I know.... :)

No, I ain't married yet. Won't be for a long time I feel. I still have my bloke, although no little-uns running around yet thank god. I just turned 23 the other day. Graduated in July. Actually I have an interview on Thursday to work at the STA (Student Travel Association) in Oxford. I still want to write, but I have -£1,900 in the bank so..... you know.

What else... Ah yes, I discovered for the first time the other day that what Americans call 'peanut butter jelly sandwiches' are actually just peanut butter and JAM sandwiches. It was an absolute revelation. I can't tell you. I have been recovering ever since.

Americans call jam, 'jelly'. It is the source of all their troubles.

American fruit spread breakdown:
Jelly- loose gloppy spread made from (one hopes at least) the juice of fruit.
Jam - thicker, more dense spread to include juice and pulp of fruit
Preserves - even thicker spread to include juice, pulp, and sometimes skins and seeds, generally is chunky.
and
Jello - that wiggly jiggly concoction that Brits and the like call Jelly.

I remember asking my Kiwi Aunt for a peanut butter and jelly sandwich...I believe she questioned my sanity.

Scanty

I see. So in actuality, Americans are much more advanced than your average civilisation in terms of fruit-based spreads. You have 4 different stages each defined by their content and consistency.

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
More advanced or more anal retentive? You decide ;)

When the Brits eat all their spreads & are hungry, the American will continue eating because some ingeneous somebody said, "hey, why throw out the flavored water".

Scanty

the American will continue eating

There you are ... the source of all their troubles.

:D

The Englishman keeps himself slim by maintaining a rubbish selection of available foods, thus limiting himself to one or the other, or Marmite. This is surely more analvanced! than anything.

kuulani

and now that i've caught up with the whole pb&j conversation ... i'm a jam girl myself, jelly is too gloppy.

Scanty

Hey Kuu :) We're both fine thank you very much. Paul is a big fat IT Consultant now. He is neither big or fat but his salary probably is. Still the same Paul though. It's 2pm and he's still in bed.

As for me I'm fine and dandy. Hope you're doing good too.

PT

Off 'Motherfuckin' Topic Elite
Naberezhnyi!!!

I haven't seen you since that alley in Stalingrad... No call backs, no letters, nothin.....

Great to see you're still doing good, and congrats on the graduation.

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
Naberezhnyi!!!

I haven't seen you since that alley in Stalingrad... No call backs, no letters, nothin.....

Great to see you're still doing good, and congrats on the graduation.

I haven't seen you much lately either!! *Jumps into PT's lap*

PT

Off 'Motherfuckin' Topic Elite
That's cause ever since I joined the CIA, they don't want me posting on public forums anymore. But I say fuck em, if they really want to stop me, they'll just have to break in the door and shoot m...................