pentagon had weapons doubts

ris

leaked us intelligence documents has case further doubt on coalition claims that iraq had banned weapons which would serve as justification for war.

pentagon report dated sept. 2002 concluded there was 'no reliable information' that iraq had biological or chemical weapons.
it is thought that the report was widely circulate amongst the administration when officials were drawing the case for military action.

bbc more

if this is true i would be angry - for the lies to the public, for the lies to the un and the security council, and for the torrents of abuse and vitriol spouted toward the french and german governments for standing up for what might appear to be a more justifiable and reasonable course of action with regard weapons in iraq.

i would want independent inspectors in iraq to verify any finds, far too much has already been media leaked before testing has been carried out. anything that is found should be free from accusations of bias and planting.

flavio

Banned
There seems to be several other links making things look pretty bad on the BBC right now.

More stuff

...and I seem to remember a lot of people giving me crap here for insinuating that they may have been duped into supporting the war.

There's even going to be a congressional inquiry now.

ris

if this pentagon stuff bears true then why wasn't blix given the time and resources to do the job properly? it really smells bad at the moment, maybe like the alledged finds that turned out to be nothing this stuff will be bunked shortly. at the moment i feel ashamed to be from a country that spoke so vehemently for military action when it appears as if the information they had was so clearly not supportive. :(

outside looking in

<b>Registered Member</b>
So... Saddam didn't comply with inspectors.... why? Just to get his ass killed, his family hunted down, his regime overthrown...

Makes perfect sense to me! :retard4:

Squiggy

ThunderDick
ummm...we did have to wait for the inspection teams to leave so we could attack. Remember?

ris

when he left iraq blix laid the accusation that the uk/us had no intention of allowing the weapons inspectors to do their job, it was all for show. he has also revealed in his last report to the un that some of the intelligence passed to the inspectors was disappointing here, and that the nucleur threat connection with africa was entirely fabricated. bbc - uranium intelligence forged

like squiggy said, it was the coalition that began he conflict before the inspections were near finished. there are those, inlcuding dr blix, who believe the inspections were not supported fully by the coalition and were being paid lip service to only.

Q

chcr said:
The government lied to us???????
I for one am shocked, just shocked!
Me too :hmm:
I'm so mad I'm gonna.....
I'm gonna....
gonna...
...go watch cartoons....do the dishes....go grocery shopping....wash the dogs...take a nap :eh: