peter piper picked...

moses supposes his toes are roses but moses supposes erroneously. moses, he knows his toes aren't roses as moses supposes his toes to be...
(actually part of a song from singing in the rain...)

My cock ran amock in da boondocks, sired so many seed i had to smoke weed, yes yes indeed my cocks gonna concede....
:tardbang:

Nope, failure there thats too easy to say, i just can't make a hard one :D

Peter piper picked a peck of pickled peppers, how many peppers did peter piper pick, if peter piper piper picked a peck???
And yes, they are considered tongue twisters :winkkiss:

Woah, i can read most of them, not very fast thou.

Here are 2 tongue twisters for those who know some spanish:
Pepe pecas pica papas con un pico pepe pecas pica papas.
Tres tristes tigres tragaban trigo en un trigal, en un trigal tres tristes tigres tragaban trigo.

:D

red lorry, yellow lorry

say it 5 times fast.

Luis, can we have a meaning for them? The first one is more difficult than the second IMO.

Our R and RR sound are very difficult to those whose primary language is english, that's why i included the 2nd one.

* working on the translation

Luis G said:
Our R and RR sound are very difficult to those whose primary language is english, that's why i included the 2nd one.

I did Spanish at school and can read it quite well. Shame I don't understand what I am reading though. My pronunciation probably isn't far out actually. Well at least when I go to Spain people understand what I am saying from the phrase book even if I don't understand what I am saying myself.

Luis G said:

Funnily enough I've never had that problem, but that could be because my mother's german and I heard that language from a very young age. Nor do I have a problem pronouncing th rs in french as in "regardez". My sister however had a bad lisp on r. I sometimes have a problem saying th though, it often comes out as s especially if it follows an s... as in 6 sousand.

Try...

The ragged rascal ran round the rugged rock.

Now say it several times fast.

Aaah my childhood days of hearing, "Say this five times fast!" :)

The only one I know which hasn't been said yet is saying "unique new york" fast.

greenfreak said:
The only one I know which hasn't been said yet is saying "unique new york" fast.

Argggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhh, i can repeat it at normal speed, but the faster i try to say it the harder it is.

greenfreak said:
Aaah my childhood days of hearing, "Say this five times fast!" :)

:D Ahh yes. I always replied to that statement with "this this this this this" (or 'that ... ' if asked to "say that five times fast").

:D

I feel a case of the good old

supercalafragalisticexpyallydocious is a very long word if you can't spell it your a dope

boy do i love that one :D

peterska2 said:
I feel a case of the good old

supercalafragalisticexpyallydocious is a very long word if you can't spell it your a dope

boy do i love that one :D

Erm.... I - T? :lol:

How 'bout ... "One smart fellow and he felt smart ... two smart fellows and they both felt smart ... three smart fellow and they felt smart ... (and on, and on, ...)

Back