Pilates

Pilates. Let's see. The next fad? Another way for someone to leak money to convince themselves they're bettering themselves? Like all those excercise machines that everyone buys. Built to slide under the bed, is it? Good, coz it's gonna be there for the next three years until the garage sale.

nah...this one's like yoga...but harder. it's just stretching and toning muscle groups. and Prof, that's why I asked...i wanted to see if it worked before i wasted my time :D

They all work. If you keep up with them. The rowing machine. The Bowflex. The Stairmaster. The Thighmaster. Tae-bo. Yoga. Aerobics. They all work. And everyone gets bored with them. Gyms work because it's a continuing investment, and there are other people. Herd instinct and all that. Home workouts never work because there's no "support". Noone to guilt trip you, shame you. Same as weight watchers.

that's why i figured i'd start with the classes...it's across the road...it's only 6 bucks a visit and i can take whatever class i want...so i won't get bored and i can just go when they're in school...at least it's something to DO :blank:

you're just dyin for them bikini pics, eh? :D

no...i won't overdo it...i wanna go and enjoy myself for the long term.

Leslie said:
you're just dyin for them bikini pics, eh? :D

no...i won't overdo it...i wanna go and enjoy myself for the long term.

Funny enough, that's why I want the bikini pics;)

Working out anywhere is easier to keep up with if I work out with someone else.

I work out with my roommate (pilates and taebo) and we keep each othe rmotivated. My mom works out at my aunt's house with 2 of my aunts and my mom's best friend. They keep each other motivated, they've been at it for over a year now...3 days a week, everyweek.

Back