Please give generously

What's the problem? The gov't handed out these cards, with no limits on use, like candy. As I said then, it was dumb to give them away at all.

But hey, welfare works! I'm sure it helped the PTSD tremendously to get smashed and sport a stiffy.:thumbup:

Cast doubt? SHEEIT!!! How about the lazy bastards that stayed in four star motels for over six months and when they were booted still had no jobs, not to mention no line on housing...
That is nothing more the liberal bull waste!!!

Hooters wants to pay FEMA for champagne bought with hurricane relief fund

WASHINGTON (AP) - The Hooters restaurant chain is looking for FEMA's address.

Company Chairman Bob Brooks said Thursday that he wants to reimburse the agency for the $200 bottle US of Dom Perignon Champagne that was purchased with a government credit card issued to Hurricane Katrina victims.

The champagne, purchased in San Antonio, was among numerous examples of improper spending of hurricane relief money cited earlier this week by Congress' Government Accountability Office. The bogus spending could be as high as $1.4 billion US, the GAO said.

In an announcement in Atlanta, Brooks said: "It bothers me as an American that resources that were intended to help victims of this tremendous tragedy were spent this way. Even if it's in my restaurants it's still not right. If FEMA will let me know where to send the check I'll get the $200 out right away."

Following Katrina, Brooks sent one of his Hooters Air 737s loaded with supplies into the Gulf Coast disaster area. The restaurant chain also donated $225,000 US to the Red Cross Katrina relief fund.

source

Kudos for doing the right thing. The question is ... how were these cards accepted in the first place. I'd like to hear what he's gonna do about that.

Professur said:
source

Kudos for doing the right thing. The question is ... how were these cards accepted in the first place. I'd like to hear what he's gonna do about that.
Did they look any different from a standard credit card?

Surely they must.

capt.b3f3429203ad46c29d7795853f6b9c4a.katrina_fraud_wx128.jpg

From what I've read, they are identifiable. Just read several cases where a store clerk called in to confirm that such-and-such rediculous purchase was allowed and was told it ws ok.

There were no rules on purchases, from what I understand. Since they went against all intelligence & gave them away, let it go (those who legally had them that is)

Gonz said:
There were no rules on purchases, from what I understand.

The individuals that squandered there aid probably spend their welfare cheques the same way,remember these are more than likely the same people who were looting TVs instead of food/water.Stop the handouts and let nature take its course,some just don't have the common sense to survive.I also can't help but wonder/worry about the person who spent their $1000 on a sex change ,I mean if you want to spend money on a sex change fine,but have the common sense to spend more than 1 grand on it:retard3:

Back