plumbing issue

tonksy

ok, here's the deal...i have an exterior water leak from somewhere...i'm thinking it's my washing machine drain pipe...but i don't know where to look...i can't see any water but it seems to be coming from the ground itself...keeping the carport and the exterior laundry room quite marshy...even by louisiana standards....i tried to call maintenance yesterday but they were off...now i don't pay my water bill and i'm not about to pay for a plumber...do you think it's a simple fix? any ideas? should i call my landlord today or should it wait until monday...no standing water just everything is very wet like it just finished raining...only it hasn't? i still have laundry to do...could i damage anything by doing more laundry? i'm not aces at plumbing....i'd appreciate some help.

tonks said:
keeping the carport and the exterior laundry room quite marshy...even by louisiana standards....i tried to call maintenance yesterday but they were off...now i don't pay my water bill and i'm not about to pay for a plumber...do you think it's a simple fix?

SOunds like it may be a broken tile (not cheap nor easy)

I'm not sure how the rental laws work where you are, but for liability reasons, your best bet is to call the landlord right away to let him/her know there is a problem. Then the ball is in their court.

thanks guys, i'll call the landlords.
*actually, i just had my neighbor, who is a handyman, take a peek...cuz if i called the landlord thry would call him and he's watching football @ 3:30...he says it'll be okay until monday....besides...i think it's in the ground like gonz said and that's a heck of a job for one dude.

Take a water sample to a pool supply store and do a chlorine detection test to confirm that it is of a man made water source... which would be moot if you are on well water. I fear the only real solution outside of a plumber would be a slow process of elimination and possible digging.

naw...i'll just shut the door and not think about it until monday...i only have one load of laundry left anyway...and it only happens when i do laundry...but then i'm always doing laundry.....it's a vicous cycle.... :D

Is the wetness getting into the drywall or the wood frame? If so, you should look out for mold, especially if you're going to be staying there very long.

Inkara1 said:
Is the wetness getting into the drywall or the wood frame? If so, you should look out for mold, especially if you're going to be staying there very long.
LOL...my laundry room is just a wooden lean to under the carport...and it's already extremely old...and i'm outta here in the spring.

Everything I know about plumbing can be summed up in one statement.

Shit runs downhill.

PuterTutor said:
Everything I know about plumbing can be summed up in one statement.

Shit runs downhill.

What else do you need?

Actually, as with many other things, I know enough to really fuck things up. :lol:

tonks said:
chic...was i imagining it or did i see your av prancing around on nickelodeon?
nevermind...jimmy neutron's dog...goddard...now it seems cinchy because of your title....oh well.

Back