pms and pics in my threads

chatty kathy

Can someone please tell me why I cant pm anyone....when I do it logs me out!! and also I would like to post some pics in my threads and cant figure it out either....Thanks for any help you all can give me, and have a great day

IDLEchild

For pictures

Find the picture you want to put up.....right click and copy the image address or right click and click on image properties and copy the address (if the image is in its own window then just copy the address from where you type in the URL...the address for a site)

go to post reply and click on the yellow square that looks like a picture of a mountain and paste the address in there.

That should do it.

Oz

Hmm.......try the "options" in yer user cp......yer might have the pm boxes unticked....

Leslie

Communistrator
Staff member
FAQ said:
The administrator may allow you to use the attachment feature of this board, which gives you the ability to attach files of certain types to your posts. This could be an image, a text document, a zip file etc. There will be a limit to the file size of any attachments you make, as the board should not be used as an extension of your hard disk! To attach a file to a new post, simply click the [Browse] button at the bottom of the post composition page, and locate the file that you want to attach from your local hard drive. Only certain types of files may be attached: these are the valid file extensions for files to be attached to this board: gif jpg png txt zip bmp jpeg pdf php. After posting, the attachment will show up in the body of your message. To view the contents of the attachment (if it is not already displayed) simply click the filename link that appears next to the attachment icon .
FAQ

As to your being logged out when attempting to pm, you may have a corrupt cookie. Clear your cookies and then log in, and try again. If you still have problems after that, please report back. :)

AlphaTroll

Goodness, the title of this thread is misleading when you read it from the index page.....I'm not even gonna mention what went through my mind when I saw pms & pictures in the same sentence! :eek:

AlphaTroll

Yeah, I hate when you get all excited because you think you know what a thread will be about....only to find out it's nothing like you expected at all.

chatty kathy

NO nothing working ....even though I am logged in it is telling me I am logged out....rrrrrrrrrrr really have some cute things to show you all too.. :crying4:

Captain Obvious

chatty kathy said:
NO nothing working ....even though I am logged in it is telling me I am logged out....rrrrrrrrrrr really have some cute things to show you all too.. :crying4:
Do you have any software running that might be blocking cookies? Certain firewalls can cause problems with staying logged in as they try to control the production of cookies:(

chatty kathy

Captain Obvious said:
Do you have any software running that might be blocking cookies? Certain firewalls can cause problems with staying logged in as they try to control the production of cookies:(
yes I do have a firewall on here

Captain Obvious

chatty kathy said:
yes I do have a firewall on here
Which firewall are you running? and what Operating System? Some firewalls and software clear cookies out at the end of a session but some will actively stop the cookies being saved to your hard drive so when the page changes you are seen as logged out:(