Poli correct monitors

hmmm... that thing from the top of the duke boys' car ain't there?

must be heritage. them duke boys is too dumb to be politikin.

I don't think it really makes a difference whether or not they're on a pole, there's still the spanish, british, and another flag ABOVE the American.

Isn't the US flag supposed to be either the leftmost or rightmost flag when in a group with other flags, or something like that?

As far as I know as long as the American flag is shown on US soil it needs to be higher then the other flags. As far as needing to be right or left I do not know...

The gradient on the "heritage" goes one direction and "park" it's going the oppisite direction. Also looks like dogs are allowed but not scooters or skateboards.

Oddly enough, outside of the obvious USA and UK flags, the only other one I know is Spain (upper right). Opposite the USA is the Louisiana state flag. The others I can't find.

Bottom right. Confederate flag.

No more calls please, we have a winner.

And to think that at least one of our resident confirmed whiners about Confederate icons never even noticed it. Missed it completely.

Which begs the question: How many locals don't even know it's what it is? How many media-types who make a living bitching about us never recognized it? To think that the Confederate National Flag is right there on the sign for a place called Heritage Park, where this feel-good touchy-feely Katrina memorial was held, in plain sight of every ass kissing liberal yankee media type...and these "investigators" didn't even catch it. Rich, man. Very rich.

But y'all know SSSSOOOOOOOOO much more about the truth about the Confederacy than I do, right? Every point I make is SSSOOOOO wrong. I'm SSSSOOOOOO misinformed.

And you wonder why I laugh at you.

Well, it's hardly fair, is it? I mean, I've vacationed the last two years at a Confederate monument. The missus has a book on all the confederate flags and standards (including the stories behind them, and the stories behind the missing ones) and my daughter wore a grey Confederate soldier's cap to school yesterday.

As far as I know as long as the American flag is shown on US soil it needs to be higher then the other flags.

Almost, but not quite true. The Texas flag may be flown on the same level as the US flag --- because Texas came into the Union as an independent nation.

Don't really see any significance of the flag on a park sign in Louisiana or the relation to Katrina. Another anti-south conspiracy somehow I'm sure.

I really don't see the harm in allowing scooters in the park but oh well.

But y'all know SSSSOOOOOOOOO much more about the truth about the Confederacy than I do, right? Every point I make is SSSOOOOO wrong. I'm SSSSOOOOOO misinformed.

yeah but knowing about a flag doesn't do too much to establish expertise... not that i'm doubting that you've researched conferate/southern stuff extensively... but in this case, it's just one fact.

Actually I think he got everybody here. With the question "What's wrong with the photo of the sign?" we really should have been looking at photo quality.

Answers about lighting, composition, resolution, etc would have been the correct way to answer.

what? no mexican flag? OUTRAGEOUS :grumpy:

But if there's a missing flag, that's got to be the french one for sure.

Little known fact.

The "Magic Mirror" on Romper Room actually had a filter installed that kept it from seeing children from south so their names would never be called.

Back