Pool and billards

IDLEchild

Anybody into this fascinating and addictive game?

Its quite hard and everyone seems to be a genius at it.....anybody good at it? Brilliant at it?

IDLEchild said:
Anybody into this fascinating and addictive game?

Its quite hard and everyone seems to be a genius at it.....anybody good at it? Brilliant at it?

I used to play a long time ago.. just dont have the time anymore :(

i cheat at pool...it's a compulsion...only game i cheat at...in fact i cheat at it even if i'm not playing...i just help the underdog...i'm serious.

Sharky said:
Nine-ball is my favorite billiards game. :cool:

Such an unfair game. It works in my favor but so unfair. Someone can do all the work but you can swoop in and take the victory.

IDLEchild said:
Such an unfair game. It works in my favor but so unfair. Someone can do all the work but you can swoop in and take the victory.

That's the beauty of it! You never celebrate early in a game of nine-ball. Anything can happen. :D

Used to play it when i was in HS and used to be good at it, i rarely play it these days.

I've always enjoyed pool. I played for money in bars years ago with a friend of mine. We looked like two bimbos so we were underestimated a lot. Till we started playing, and the guys got pissed that they lost money to two women.

We had a medium sized table at my ambulance corps and we would spend hours and hours smoking, drinking coffee and playing pool. I forget what my longest stretch was but I remember running the table a lot. It's pretty much the only game I've ever been good at.

Don't play snook as often anymore, but I can still be seen cahlking up before a match whereever's handy.

Have ym own cue at home but rarely carry it because it makes me look overzealous or overconfident. No one will play me :(

Started in Cegep (not sure what that is elsewhere, but here it's between high school and University)., played through University and have played since. I'm not bad... can still manage some decent 'english' on a ball, though my 'placement' is a bit off. It's been at least 18 months since my last game.

I enjoy pool (and snooker) and without trying to sound egotistical, I'm a pretty good player :)

Although after drinking in pubs/bars/clubs from the age of 13.......I've had plenty of practice :D

IDLEchild said:
Do you know to put a spin on the cue ball?

I try it but it hardly goes in the right direction.

wish I had some magic formula or technique Bob..........but tis all just down to practice :shrug:

Back