Posting from my Sony PSP!

flavio

Banned
I installed the latest software update for my PSP and the thing now has a web browser. I can now lay on the couch watching football and surfing. OTC looks great.

Edit: Here's what OTC looks like...

psp.jpg

Haha, that inspired me to post from my tmobile sidekick II, so I did... Mostly because I'm jealous. I used to not want a psp but lately I've been changing my tune.

omg, i'm posting from bed on my thinkpad, i'm so mobile!

sorry, i'm just in kind of an asshole mood right now.

tommyj27 said:
i'm so mobile!

sorry, i'm just in kind of an asshole mood right now.
Me too. I'm posting from my Desktop. Oh, I take it with me everywhere. :D
I do actually have an AC converter in my van. :swing:

When our toys become communication systems, we've possibly gone too far.

tommyj27 said:
as pointless as it may seem to me, that's pretty freakin' cool
Well, now in addition to it being a pocket sized video game system, movie/video/mp3 player, and picture viewer it's also a wireless web browser.

The point of the web browser? Well, so far it's a little nicer being able to lay on the couch and surf from this thing instead of having to sit up and balance a laptop.....I know pretty lazy.

Also it boots up and connects in about 5 seconds. So I can grab it off the coffee table, check my email, and shut it down in a flash.

Maybe I'll start using it in coffee shops too. Since I'm using it for my mp3 player as well as the video games I'm far more likely to have it with me than the laptop. My laptop is old anyway and I need a new one but that's a different post.

but without a keyboard, entering text must be a bit of a pain. and i can boot my laptop in not much more time than that, i love hibernation. the uptime on my laptop right now is 14d:3:58

tommyj27 said:
but without a keyboard, entering text must be a bit of a pain. and i can boot my laptop in not much more time than that, i love hibernation. the uptime on my laptop right now is 14d:3:58
Text entry is about as slick as I think they could have made it without a keyboard...which means it still a bit slow. It's certainly not painful though like some cellphone browsers I've used.

Still, I'm not going to use it for stuff that requires much text entry. I've been doing a lot of shopping with it so far.

There seems to be some keyboards coming out for it but I doubt I'll get one unless their pretty cheap.

3462582046170125.jpg

crystal said:
does a PSP have some short of windows on it :confused:
No, it's nice Sony OS. Someone seems to have loaded a Mac OS onto one though.

shot2.jpg

does the psp need to be near another computer to use the internet, as with bluetooth, or is it more like if you have the net on a cellphone, and you can go pretty much everywhere?

Back