Power Supply

PostCode

Major contributor!
Finally got the power supply I ordered.

powersupply.jpg

They sent the wrong case though. I ordered two spider cases and got one stupid ass alien case.

Those are for speed control. Starts getting a bit hot, just turn up the speed.

It's a 480W beast. Has SATA connectors too. I guess that means I'll have to start another upgrade path.

How to explain the need to the wife person.....

Looks good! I like the Antec Truepower noise circuits, even under intense heat and load it never came close to some others psus that turned to mini blowdryers, but keeps it cool nonetheless.

I've yet to hook it up and play with it, but the documentation is telling me that the noise level will go from 17 to 45dB. I'm not sure how loud that is really, but then again, when your CPU has this big ass 80MM fan on it, what the hell is the difference?

:lol:

45dB is fairly loud i'd say i got annoyed with my Radeon 9700's 22db and modded it with oversize sink and 80mm fan @ 5v on bracket :D

The thing is, here in the shop I've got two servers, my system, the wife persons system, my linux box, and all the other boxes the customers bring in. All you hear are fans. Then there's the three air conditioners.

:lol:

Already am. hehe I'm supposed to be wearing these POS hearing aids the VA issued me. Hearing went to shit after five years of shooting a tank.

Anyway, if wear the things, I can't use the phone. When I put the phone near one of them, the hearing aid will start squelching.

:retard:

Screw it. It's a short life, why deal with the dumb stuff.

:lol: I've got too good hearing right now and am very sensitive. Somtimes people can be working on systems and i hear the distinct buzz of the monitor from anywhere in the room loudly and it drives me nuts yet no one else in the room hears it unless they put their ears really close to it, imagine how high rpm fans annoy me!

Justintime said:
:lol: I've got too good hearing right now and am very sensitive. Somtimes people can be working on systems and i hear the distinct buzz of the monitor from anywhere in the room loudly and it drives me nuts yet no one else in the room hears it unless they put their ears really close to it, imagine how high rpm fans annoy me!
televisions really bug me like that, if i walk into a house i can tell if there's one on in the house. but if i go out for the evening i can't hear what my buddies are saying across the table :shrug:

I can see how anybody could like this case actually. It's WAY to big and looking at the front, well, it's just really fugly.

I have nothing against Alienware. I'm sure they crank out some cool shit. I'm also pretty sure that I can build anything they make and match performance and don't need a fluorescent case to make it run better.

I'll stick with unique ones if I can. The case mod I'm still working on is coming along. Everything is black from one end to the other case wise, I've just go to get the time to finish it. All the screws and fan grills are also done. It's finding the time to work on it that's a pain.

Back