Problems(?) at Watts Bar Nuclear Plant

highwayman

Nothing like a good panic to bring out the conspiracy theories...

http://www.newschannel9.com/engine....ate=breakout_story1.shtml&dateformat=%M+%e,%Y
A spokesman for the Tennessee Emergency Management Agency says an incident at the Watts Bar Nuclear Plant Tuesday morning was a "non-event."

There was some concern in Meigs County and the surrounding areas when the Meigs County School Superintendent closed schools early. However Jeremy Heidt, Public Information Officer for TEMA said, "I think people are drawing conclusions because the schools closed for a funeral but they're not related. As far as we're concerned this was a fairly routine thing."

Hmmm. SnP get's his electric hooked up, and two days later ... there's an emergency at the nuke plant. Co-inky-dink?

Yea, it's still hooked into the grid. Bonneville dam the hydro electric source over here sells power all over the west coast, as far south of at least Sacramento, 600 miles plus...

Not any funnier than SnP knowing where it is.

You don't know where all the nuclear power plants (built, I'll remind you, by the low bidder) in your area are? I'm all for nuclear power and I think it's relatively quite safe. OTOH, it's only prudent to know which way to jump if something goes wrong, isn't it? There are two kinds of paranoia...

ITS 3 MILE ISLAND ALL OVER AGAIN!!!!

SOMEBODY SAVE MY BABY!

*throws a brick through a gas station window*

*steals 4 cases of beer*

SOMEBODY SAVE MY BABY!

You don't know where all the nuclear power plants (built, I'll remind you, by the low bidder) in your area are?

nope, but I don't think there's one Really close though, on account of the Buford damn here.
I think there's one, maybe, around Savanna, on the coast.:shrug:

The nearest one to me is Diablo Canyon, and that's far enough away that PG&E didn't see fit to put in warning sirens up here like they did in the south county.

Back