Prof and other outdoors types

SouthernN'Proud

Southern Discomfort
Just thought I'd let you know...

It's 8AM on a beautiful saturday morning, high today of 73 degrees (dunno what that is in metric and don't care). The dog is fed, the kid is stirring, the wife is working, and all other tasks are attended to.

I shall now proceed to extract (hopefully) my limit of rainbow trout from a picturesque mountain stream.

You may now return to your regularly scheduled snow removal, already in progress. :D

Heh, heh. You're really just not very nice, are you?

Of course, I'm having basically the same weather you are. :D

we've got a high of 42 or so today, almost shorts and t-shirt weather. The sun is bright, no cold wind blowing in our faces and the snow melting more and more.

Who said anything about shovels????

Today: Mostly sunny, with a high around 61. Northwest wind between 9 and 13 mph.
no mountains 'round here but it is quite warm for this time of year.

I'd consider the same, but we're looking at afternoon showers. Add 7 degrees to your temps, though.

As it is, I'll be doing oil changes and taxes. Yippee.

Ah well, at least it's poker night.

SouthernN'Proud said:
Just thought I'd let you know...

It's 8AM on a beautiful saturday morning, high today of 73 degrees (dunno what that is in metric and don't care). The dog is fed, the kid is stirring, the wife is working, and all other tasks are attended to.

I shall now proceed to extract (hopefully) my limit of rainbow trout from a picturesque mountain stream.

You may now return to your regularly scheduled snow removal, already in progress. :D

Considering the weather you get there, that sounds....good. :p

*Whenever gets into the car turns on the AC.

Weathers ok (very nice in relativity) & there are lakes & streams galore. I'm not fishing though. I'm going to my kids piano competition thingy.

As far as the fish goes, I'll take 3 please.

I was supposed to cover a high school baseball doubleheader today. It got rained out.

Here's the view outside my front door:

HomeLAN said:
Ah well, at least it's poker night.
Are you coming hungry? I made a pot of red beans (not spicy, just for you) and some green beans...also a cajun rabbit roasted on carrots but I don't suppose you'd want some of that.

Nopers. I went to Christo's and picked up a gyro and some fries. Eating it now, as a matter of fact.

If I'd known you were fixing stuff with me in mind, I'd have waited. I'm just not used to food being a part of poker night.

No biggie! I know you all aren't used to it but I hate to entertain without food. Besides, now I don't have to cook tomorrow!

tonksy said:
No biggie! I know you all aren't used to it but I hate to entertain without food. Besides, now I don't have to cook tomorrow!
Tsk!! It's y'all young lady, y'all.

Inkara1 said:
I was supposed to cover a high school baseball doubleheader today. It got rained out.

Here's the view outside my front door:

*scribbles down licence number and proceeds to stalk Inky*

'Twas a glorious day.

No fish kept, too small. Streams are too shallow right now, so I'll go back after a few rains. Broke in the new gear though, caught a couple of fish that got released to mature, and logged maybe 5 miles afoot in the process. No phone, no racket, no snakes, no civilization. All in all, I'll take it over changing oil.

Back