psycho smilies

Luis G

<i><b>Problemator</b></i>
Staff member
Psycho, apparently there is a bug, i've had already two MSN crashes (never had one before).

i have MSN 4.6 (build 4.6.0077)

Well, it is Microsoft Messenger after all... ;)

Really, all the patch does is replace some images, nothing more, nothing less. I had two crashes too today and I didn't have one in two months or so, but I do know it also happened at seemingly random times before I patched it, so I don't think the smilies are the cause...

Don't think the patch is the cause of that either....I've been using the patch for...what is it? 1 year or more?
Psycho, help me out here!

I've had a time that MSN showed me offline all the time, and just disconnected to its servers. Psycho had the same thing a few weeks later.
Nicole has had the same thing a couple of times too.

So it's probably Microsoft's servers again....

iev had probs with all three of my messengers kicking me off. so luis your not the only one. and im using somewhat of an updated version although people do send bugs to msn or to however it gets to msn messenger.

I think it's not the patch too. I'm using the patched Messenger right now without problems, and my flatmate (who doesn't have the patch at all) has his MSN crashing two times in a row yesterday...

The irony...when I was trying to type that Psycho makes more stable software than Microsoft Win2k gave a BSOD :eek6:

Mhhh...no, Messenger is a lot more instable than that patch can ever be.

Oops, I think I forgot to tell you about a standard feature in all my software: if you start typing stuff like "Psycho's software is more stable than Microsoft's" it automatically initiates a BSOD to actually make you believe that statement :D

Yeah, MSN (and Microsoft in general) are just plain stupid!

ROFL @ Psycho!

Yeah, although it can be a real pain in the ass, it's still the best IM app I've used.
ICQ doesn't even come CLOSE!

mIRC can be good too, although I just can't live without Psycho's smilies :(

IMO, AIM's the best, except all those annoying upgrades. ICQ is good, but since I lost it for about a year I haven't used it much since I got it back. I refuse to use MSN, I've had too many problems with MSN/hotmail accounts. Never got around to using Yahoo much.

Then don't use hotmail. Hotmail sucks.

Just use passport, I've got my regular email account registered that way, so I can use it for MSN. Works great, no spam.

Back