PT/NFL/Samkon Gado

There's one problem with throwing games in order to get Reggie Bush. Can you guess what it is?

That's right, Bush is a junior. He hasn't announced whether he's leaving early for the draft or staying in school another year. It's not a good idea to make those kinds of assumptions yet.

woodman19_99 said:
I dunno, I am happy with Corey Dillon (although the injury big has been infectious this year), but I wish we had a good young back waiting. Faulk and Pass are good, but they aren't that young either.

I'd be thrilled with a Corey Dillon type back right now. The Vikes keep rotating Mewelde Moore and Michael Bennett. Bennett sucks, even after what, 5 years in the leage, he runs into the backs of his linemen.

Moore is shifty, quick and almost always gains positive yards. He's always falling forward. But he's also always getting hurt and can't pick up the blitz. How i yearn for the days of Robert Smith.

Ha! Didn't even know we had him, so no. I don't guess I'm too pissed that we lost him. I'm really not too surprised though, we do seem to have a knack for playing the hell out of our shining stars until they drop out with a pulled hamstring, then we look around like "Shit, did we teach anyone else to run?"

I think his secret is that he is a slim 5'10 fellow that has a knack for following blockers low and close... which makes him get lost in the forest of 6'2/300 pounders. The linebackers can't stay zeroed in on him because he disappears in the crowd. He also has shown a talent for doing quick cuts up a hole instead of stringing it out to the sidelines.

Sending him solo upfield seems to get him stopped easily because noone is masking him out. That makes anyone relatively easy meat.

kittydance.gif

Back