Pt

Gonz said:
Stupid question...with the FSB so high, why doesn't the graphics card & friends take a crap like they do on mine? The T-bird fires up but everything else collapses above 140 or so.

thats only 70MHz AGP and 35MHz PCI, doubt the components are holding you back unless its REALLY crappy :p maybe its your ram, or your tbird just can't do 1470 @ stock vcore if you're not upping that. (1400 tbird if i remember right?)

Actually my Dragon 400 has that, I think...I've not played around with it much though. The old board would not OC past 142 FSB.

Flexible PCI Divider and APIC/IRQ Sharing Options

Theres a big diff between a flexible divider and clock lock ;) The KT400 does not support 400DDR cpu fsb speeds, it has no 1/6 divider necessary for that, only the RAM can be run at that speed safely.

Nope, it didn't like 11.5 :shrug:

I have had it higher than that, on the old board.

This is the best I could do with mine. Not unlocked, so it's just fsb.

Not too bad considering it's an 1800, KT266 chipset.

[attachment]182910[/attachment]

Gonz said:
[email protected], 1.825 & 1.850 won't even boot.

I think your cpu core is topped out, i've seen cpus work at 1.6 in one board and fail even 1580 on others, it depends on the board quality alot, so a cpu at its edge might work ok in one board but fail in another as the other one might either give cleaner current or just not stress the cpu down enough to break it (especially with sdr boards to ddr, i found some cpus can clock slightly higher on sdr, but not even come within 50MHz on a DDR board, weird huh?)

Back