Public displays of affection?

How do you feel about publics displays of affection?

• Never on a million years, it's not my style

Votes: 1 4.5%
  • If the moment is right, then why not?

Votes: 11 50.0%
  • HEll yeah! I like showing off how much I care

Votes: 6 27.3%
  • Sometimes my dates can't help themselves :angel:

Votes: 4 18.2%

• Total voters
I like to preserve the hotest exhibitions for moments alone. Just because noone have to know what you do. It's a privacy question. But a few times in the past I did it just to shock people. :D

Edit: Grammar corrected and text modified to sound better

Scanty said:
Gato_Solo said:
Holding hands, or arm on shoulders. Anything more in public is a lapse of good taste and shows a lack of respect for your date. ;)

yeah, if your date doesn't want to do it. But if they do, how would that be a lack of respect?

Okay. Finally a good question.

If you and your date are in public, then anything beyond what I mentioned is disrespectful because you are putting your date on display, so to speak. Some things are meant to be kept between a couple, and others are meant for public display. If you truly respect your partner, then you'll care how others perceive how and what you do in the public eye. Post Code will disagree, but that's my opinion on the matter.

Gato_Solo said:
Scanty said:
Gato_Solo said:
Holding hands, or arm on shoulders. Anything more in public is a lapse of good taste and shows a lack of respect for your date. ;)

yeah, if your date doesn't want to do it. But if they do, how would that be a lack of respect?

If you and your date are in public, then anything beyond what I mentioned is disrespectful because you are putting your date on display, so to speak. Some things are meant to be kept between a couple, and others are meant for public display. If you truly respect your partner, then you'll care how others perceive how and what you do in the public eye. Post Code will disagree, but that's my opinion on the matter.

In all seriousness, I would disagree if the other person didn't want to be involved. However, my wife and I both enjoy being flirty. No, were no having sex on the table at Joe's Burgers, but we do get a little intimate. Nothing that one would call "bedroom" talk, but not your basic kiss either.

Do i fondle her? Sure! I sneak a grope here and there, but at those times, I do wait until no one is watching. I once bend her over for a long kiss right in front of a very old couple in the mall. They both loved it. Not everyone is the same though.

PostCode said:
Gato_Solo said:
Scanty said:
Gato_Solo said:

Do i fondle her? Sure! I sneak a grope here and there, but at those times, I do wait until no one is watching. I once bend her over for a long kiss right in front of a very old couple in the mall. They both loved it. Not everyone is the same though.

The operative word there is sneak. ;)

Gato_Solo said:
Scanty said:
Gato_Solo said:

But the point is...all of this is only measured by how much the person minds/wants to show affection in public. You aren't putting them on display if they don't have any concept that being on display is a bad thing.
That's a very socially constructed ideology as well - that public affection should be kept to a minimum. Why? There's no real reason except for the fact that is has become negative in many people's eyes. But everyone has different views on the matter, so it all depends on your individual preferences.

See...when you say some things are 'meant' to be kept between a couple...what exactly do you mean by 'meant'?
Yes, you should care about how others perceive your partner, but only if you are being sensitive to their feelings by doing it. And if they couldn't give a toss about what other people think of them, then the point of being restrained is lost.

I've been known to cop a feel when the missus bends over to put the Vs in their car seats. If she's wearing a skirt or dress .....

Screw you hippy.

why not if i had a gf id like her to know i love her and i care if she needs a hug ill hold her as tight as i can either in public or private i love her all the same.

Scanty said:
See...when you say some things are 'meant' to be kept between a couple...what exactly do you mean by 'meant'?
Yes, you should care about how others perceive your partner, but only if you are being sensitive to their feelings by doing it. And if they couldn't give a toss about what other people think of them, then the point of being restrained is lost.

Just as I said it. I'll put it another way...When you, personally, see 2 people trying to taste each others tonsils in public, how do you, personally, feel? Pick any 2 people you like or, better yet, observe 2 strangers doing it. How do you feel about either person?

That's not a good question to ask me if you want the answer to be... "I feel disgusted and ashamed!!!!!" ;)

Because I don't really think like that at all. I wouldn't judge them.

But I see the point you are making. People do judge each other, and most people would probably think...oh, how distateful, or whatever. But if the couple don't actually care what other people think of them, the effect of the disgust is totally lost. It doesn't exist because it doesn't affect anyone. There isn't any need to be concerned for your partner if they themselves don't care.
Couples are not harming anyone. Even if they get down and start doing the dirty right there... It's only a socially constructed ideal that it's the wrong thing to do. One that I don't adhere to. :)

Scanty said:
socially constructed ideal

God, I hate that phrase...

Perhaps it's not a socially constructed ideal. Maybe it's actually an objective need of people to have boundaries between themselves and other people. If two people start humping in the middle of the street, they're telling anyone who comes along that they have no boundaries. "Want to cop a feel? Want to watch us and wank? Want to join in? Hey, the more the merrier!" That's the message that's being sent.

Humping in the street is a long ways from checking each other's tonsils, but the principle is the same: How much do you want to invite complete strangers into your personal life?

What I believe Gato is saying is that a person who has no]/i] boundaries is considered a slut, i.e., someone who will do anything with anybody, anytime. As a gentleman, he would not expose his date to speculation on whether she is a slut by doing things that make it look like she has no boundaries, no personal dignity.

AlladinSane said:
I like to preserve the hotest exhibitions for moments alone. Just because noone have to know what you do. It's a privacy question. But a few times in the past I did it just to shock people. :D

Edit: Grammar corrected and text modified to sound better

I shouldn't do this because I have the upmost respect for those who are multilingual but I can't help myself....

Personally I like to preserve hottest moments for me when with someone else (a partner) rather than alone. ;)

I have no problem with public displays of affection, but affection is not defined as "almost getting it on" but "A tender feeling toward another; fondness.". There is a reason for someone first coming up with the saying "GET A ROOM!".

Ok, you got me! :D. It's just that the matching word in portuguese for alone does have a plural form that can be applied to more than one person. :)

Humping in the street is a long ways from checking each other's tonsils, but the principle is the same: How much do you want to invite complete strangers into your personal life?
Brilliant! I couldn't say better :)

true you dont want people to know your private life but that doesnt mean you cant kiss or hug. or just cuddle up to each other(my friends on campus who are dating do that a lot but in good taste they just hold each other). i dont see whats wrong with that

Back