Puzzle Boxes/sites

MrBishop

Thanks to Leslie for the 'Crimson room' et al. I LOVE a good puzzle (so long as it's solveable eventually) so I'm looking for decent online puzzle rooms or puzzle sites to paly with.
Recommend any?

(By solveable...I mean unlike the viridian room which practically requires either cheating or a knowledge of chinese to solve).

The viridian room doesn't require a knowledge of chinese. :shrug: Are you talking about the cards? Well, there's clues to tell you which card goes on which side of the dice. :shrug:

*BoP who solved it without any knowledge of chinese, or cheating* :p

If I've got time to kill I'll go with my suicidal minesweeper: max grid (24x30, 720 total squares), 200 mines. Beaten the damn thing like 10 times out of about 300,000 games (most of those are dead within 5 guesses so it goes fast). Frustrating and addictive, but makes you feel real proud when you finally beat it.

I usually use MSN for bejewled and Alchemy. There is a horror game on New Grounds I have become a fan of.

BeardofPants said:
Motas - sounds good, but I can't get it to work. If I can, I'll let you know how it goes....
Droom - er... ditto.
Chasm - really, cute, really fun, relatively easy to solve. Highly recommended. :D

I'm working on Chasm now...I was going to recommend it. Then again, I'm not finding it all that easy to solve. I've been at it for 45 mins now. Making headway...but sheesh...you found it easy??

MrBishop said:
I'm working on Chasm now...I was going to recommend it. Then again, I'm not finding it all that easy to solve. I've been at it for 45 mins now. Making headway...but sheesh...you found it easy??
No, I didn't find it easy, I found it relatively easy. :p It's just a matter of doubling back a lot of times usually... hardest thing was that damned plumbing thing with all those pipes you had to climb up, and it was timed, so you had to find an airlock before being blasted back out.... :grumpy:

BeardofPants said:
No, I didn't find it easy, I found it relatively easy. :p It's just a matter of doubling back a lot of times usually... hardest thing was that damned plumbing thing with all those pipes you had to climb up, and it was timed, so you had to find an airlock before being blasted back out.... :grumpy:

Finally found my way up...then surfed my way down...started palying with the water works again and the game froze on me. Grrr....!!!

I'll do it again later.

Back