Quality time alone

greenfreak

Rusty's going into the city tomorrow to go to some kind of Graphic Design museum and I'll be here all by my lonesome.

It's strange, after two years of living together, to be without him for any stretch of time. The more time we've lived together, the less I find I need "quality time alone". I used to want that, to have an hour just by myself to go shopping or something like that. But when I remembered that he's leaving in the morning and not coming back till the afternoon, I was sad instead of looking forward to the time by myself like I used to.

I have always HATED waking up alone. If I expected someone to be there and they weren't, it really bothered me. Even when I shared a room with my sister Rose, I was like that.

I don't have a family, so it might be different for you guys... Do you crave time by yourself to do whatever you want? Or do you find it weird to spend a few hours or a few days by yourself?

Weird how you end up thinking wether you got used to that person or you really need him/her or you just miss him/her, isn't it?

I spend most of the time by myself, it isn't bad thou.

On weekends i always get a call or i make a call to go out with somebody.

I know you're kidding, but I see nothing wrong with that. I've always been very independant, and I think that's neccessary from time to time. My problem was the opposite, after living alone for 6 years coupled with my personality, I had to force myself to be co-dependant. :D

I think it's true that men and women really do complete each other. I used to be a hardcore isolationist and now after being with Leah for five years i just don't feel right if she's not around. If you work to love one another and see through all the little 'character flaws' it's amazing what can happen. Of course, this really isn't very American.

I've always been independant too, but I know what you mean about not wanting to be away from my hubby. I spent a week away from him during Spring Break. That was hard. The bed is just too empty without him snoring in it :(

I thought for sure you've posted a thread here before about Rusty being gone when you wake up and asking everybody how they feel about being alone for x amount of time... :confuse3:

I'm with fury... There's been a disturbance in the space-time continuum and I'm caught in a time loop. If I recall correctly, I think this is where I'm supposed to say something like: if you want to crave time alone again, you should have children.

Ardsgaine said:
Greenfreak needs to have a house full of children, so she can appreciate being alone.

Yep!

who needs a houseful? We have one, that's enough (including friends) :dance:

Back