Question for Luis

MuFu

Mexican Waves.

WTF is that all about, dude? Is that how people wave in Mexico... standing up in sequence and flailing their arms about?!

;)

MuFu.

Indeed.

...the Mexican wave or La Ola is a cooperative, coordinated and spectacular sight that gained popularity after the 1986 World Cup soccer competition held in Mexico.

Cheers, A.B. :dance:

you got it right from the beginning, the link that AB gave is more specific.

i thought la ola was worldwide popular and used.

you would have heard of it if you would stop making love to your puters :p

true. they do it al the time here as well...but everyone just refers to "doing the wave".
didn't know it was mexican...

i can still just remember watching the '86 wc on tv and seeing the waves for the first time. they were damn cool back then with 80,000 people all doing it, nothing like teh half-arsed attempts we get here.

:D

that's one thing the dutch do pretty ok....since our football games are boring as hell, they have 2x45 min + 15 min practice time per game...:D

i must admit to being very impressed with dutch football. well, the uefa cup final last year with rotterdam was very good at any rate :hairbang:

perhaps it's because i detest football anyway :D
somehow they can't keep me interested that long...

you went to that game in rotterdam or they played in the UK?

ris said:
i can still just remember watching the '86 wc on tv and seeing the waves for the first time. they were damn cool back then with 80,000 people all doing it, nothing like teh half-arsed attempts we get here.

you should feel the adrenaline in the Azteca stadium.

Back