question to those of you that use Gallery on your sites!

BlurOfSerenity

i know a few of you use gallery on your own websites. i like the way it looks and functions... but i can NOT figure out how to make it work for me!
and i'm bad at figuring things like this out.
so i was wondering... if i gave my account info, could someone set it up for me? *pleading eyes!*

Inkara1

Which gallery do you speak of? Mine's coppermine (and it's been so long since I set it up that I'm really rusty now)...

BlurOfSerenity

i have a coppermine gallery, but there are things about it that bother me... i don't know, i guess it lacking some things (mostly ease-of-use and layout related) is better than not working at all.
i tried at length tonight to get Gallery to work, using the installer tool thing they offer. it worked absolutely great until the very end, when, after it told me every step of the way that each step was being completed successfully, it gave me a 500 internal server error. i'm so frustrated.
i went to my coppermine, and have been tinkering with it for a few minutes, and maybe it will work, after all. i just discovered that you can have subcategories, and i've realized a couple of other things that make me like coppermine a bit more... hmm...
it's ridiculous, how many people seem to have problems with gallery... their troubleshooting forum makes them not look so awesome.
lol, it just sucks because i wasted the past 3 hours for nothing :(