R.I.P. The Terminator

Scanty

Alas, my poor goldfish is dead.

Yes...Mufu destroyed my little finned friend in cold blood (or perhaps just from an over-generous feeding plan).

The goggle-eyed aquatic wonder did today eat himself to fish heaven. So please join me in a prayer for the fish formerly known as The Terminator.

For he is truly...

terminated.

:crying3:

There is an empty space in the corner of my room where his bowl did reside...

...giving me some much needed storage space. :D [/siz]

Um... sorry I killed your fish. :(

Oh well... I built you a PC to replace it!!! Just get one of those fishtank screensavers and that'll fill the void. :D

I can't believe you can kill a fish by giving it a finger-pinchful of dried shit...

Hey Scanty, Welcome back. Sorry about your fish.

MuFu, how much food did you feed the thing. I've had fish for years, and I don't think I've ever overfed a fish and killed it, especially not a Goldfish. I'm thinking you may be wrongly accused.

http://www.thewax.com/t-bone/sra3/

A poor substitute, but it might help a bit...

PuterTutor said:
Hey Scanty, Welcome back. Sorry about your fish.

MuFu, how much food did you feed the thing. I've had fish for years, and I don't think I've ever overfed a fish and killed it, especially not a Goldfish. I'm thinking you may be wrongly accused.

Well...put it this way...
I came home to find my fish floating belly-upwards (too much air from food intake, you see), surrounded by a mass of fish flakes.

*sigh* Oh well...:D

Thanks fi, that helped with the pain! I think.

Scanty said:
Well...put it this way...
I came home to find my fish floating belly-upwards (too much air from food intake, you see), surrounded by a mass of fish flakes.

*sigh* Oh well...:D

Thanks fi, that helped with the pain! I think.

erm... in light of that, it may have been in bad taste... sorry :(

Goldfish floating belly up? Sounds like swim bladder to me. (too much food = lots of dirty poopies = dirty water = swim bladder disease)

I used to have a 30 gallon tank setup and didn't realize just how dirty goldfish were until they started swimming upside down from the swim bladder. Once I started cleaning the water religiously every week, it went away.

What kind of goldfish was it? The usual kind or one of the exotic ones like fantails/ryukins and such?

greenfreak said:
Goldfish floating belly up? Sounds like swim bladder to me. (too much food = lots of dirty poopies = dirty water = swim bladder disease)

I used to have a 30 gallon tank setup and didn't realize just how dirty goldfish were until they started swimming upside down from the swim bladder. Once I started cleaning the water religiously every week, it went away.

What kind of goldfish was it? The usual kind or one of the exotic ones like fantails/ryukins and such?

I think they also get this illness where they CAN'T poo, and then they just get poisoned to death. I used to clean it every week so I don't think it was that. I think it was a ryukin, but I'm not sure. It was quite small; about this big:
<----------------------------------->

:crying5:

I had Ryukins also. They're more prone to digestive problems because their body is so squat as compared to the other kinds.

These were my last two (Shelby and Flash) before I stopped keeping fish altogether:

jaz%20flash.jpg

RIP to the Terminator! Maybe he can be friends with my fish in fishy heaven. :D

Back