Race-Buds hacked

Say, where'd I go wrong? I changed my password and most everything else back to the way it was. First time that's ever happened.

abooja, do you have all the updates for invision? I dont know what version your on now but i do remember reading a while back that there was a security issue with is as well as some other boards.

Now that you mention it, that's got to be part of the problem. I haven't updated the board in a long time, basically ever since they started charging for it. Pretty soon after that, they began to restrict access to certain sections of their own board, and I was no longer able to even help myself much. I guess I should consider paying for the damn thing. :rolleyes:

I know it, and I'm just thanking you for doing so. ;)

Tommy, thanks for the suggestion, but I'll probably upgrade to the paid version of Invision sometime within the next month. Unless, of course, the consensus these days is that Invision sucks. vBulletin is around the same price, so maybe that's a better option? :confused:

*looks around*

Well, I'm sure if you asked nice, Sammy might be willing to share his stories about how VB has treated him so far.

I'm guessing that he must prefer vBulletin as both this place and racing-forums use it. As I recall, r-f started out with vBulletin, then converted to Invision, and back again to vBulletin. Must be a good reason for that. I'll have to do my research...

Back