raise in salary ...

Actually, I think he's talking about the inflation rate. That usually, but not always, figures in.

Best I ever got was 24%, but that came with a massive promotion.

PuterTutor said:
buying power would be the closest thing to it, I think.

"Hello, may I help you?"
"Yes, one can of power please..."
"That'll be $20 sir"

:headbang:

(sorry, that was the first thing that entered my mind when reading 'buying power' :D. You may know carry on with your semi-ontopic posts ;))

I've historically gotten anywhere from about 4% to about 20%. Most of them though have been 10% or under. The higher end ones tend to be because of promotions or "adjustments". Last two years though, we've gotten 0% - no one, not even the execs. Software company - bad economic times. Glad to just have a job.

That's not counting, of course, bonuses and non-monetary "raises", such as having to pay less of a premium for health insurance or getting more vacation time.

a 15% raise is HUGE! I'd expect no more than a 4% raise if I was one of those outstanding employees. 15% is a HUGE raise!

inflation plus a bit [usually around 4% i think] is common here )

currently our firemen want a 40% pay rise and are threatening industrial action. they've been offered 4, i think the talks could take a while

HomeLAN, yes it is related to inflation rate, but it is an economical indicator about how "wealthy" you are earning the minimum legal income.

Back