Red Hot and...prickly?

how red are Leah's extremities? is it like a light rash or bright/cherry red?
do lights bother her?
can she touch her chin to her chest?
the fever high(>101) or low grade? (<101)
any respiratory symptoms? breathing too fast/slow, wheezing, etc.

Breathing is fine. Only extremeties affected are hands/feet/neck. All just slightly red and hands/feet are swollen. Can touch her chin to her chest and lights don't bother her. No fever.

going to have to go with the ever vague "viral syndrome" on this.
the benadryl didnt help, so i doubt its enviromental.
the symptoms together dont scream anything in particular.

sorry Hex. wish i could have been more help.

Spot said:
it can be tough to tell without seeing the person. can get a lot of information just by looking.

extremities still red and warm?
hands and face feel swollen and sore muscles.
back and neck still sore too?
fever?
nause/vomiting? cough/congestion?

We had this disease going around my son's daycare, honest to god, sounds just like what is going on, its called the "5th disease". I seen alittle girl with it, her arms were covered with a rash and around her face was swollen redish bumps and her muscles were sore from it! There's nothing they can do, it takes 5-6 wks to get rid of and they had to wait it out-very contagious though.....

Mare said:
We had this disease going around my son's daycare, honest to god, sounds just like what is going on, its called the "5th disease". I seen alittle girl with it, her arms were covered with a rash and around her face was swollen redish bumps and her muscles were sore from it! There's nothing they can do, it takes 5-6 wks to get rid of and they had to wait it out-very contagious though.....

Actually, although she's not that red, after doing a little reading on it 5th disease sounds closer than anything else i've heard of yet.

the marks from fifth disease are only on the face. marlowe had it as a baby. kinda like teething with a rash.

Erythema infectiosum caused by parvovirus B19, also known as "fifth disease". She(Leah) was also low on iron which was probably making here immune system weaker. This lasts up to eight weeks but with some daily iron she'll probably regain ger strength within a few days. Thanks all!

Oh man. I had that earlier in the year. It blows. :eh: Good wishes her way, take care of her.

Back