Relationship between political perspective and the Net

Do you use the internet to...

• Learn/gain access to alternative political perspectives under-represented in mainstream media?

Votes: 5 83.3%
  • Insulate yourself from opinions that you don't agree with?

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Both?

Votes: 1 16.7%

• Total voters

tank girl

Do people use the internet to learn about/gain access to political perspectives under-represented in the mainstream media, or do they use it to insulate themselves from opinions they don't agree with? Or both?

Leslie

Communistrator
Staff member
lol !

Bad question all round.
Are people a unit of one now? Or is each an individual who uses the net for their own purposes? Are we gonna tell me how I use the net now?

tank girl

Leslie said:
lol !

Bad question all round.
Are people a unit of one now? Or is each an individual who uses the net for their own purposes? Are we gonna tell me how I use the net now?

nope, just a question reguarding political perspective and the internet: if you are one of the strange opinionless individuals that doesn't happen to have a political perspective then you are exempt from the poll, I guess.

It is a general question, yes but you'll have to note it isn't asking people exactly what they use the net for, rather it quite distinctly focuses on the relationship between political perspective and the net - not its countless other usages - and peoples opinion on that. :shrug:

catocom

you mean there isn't any mainstream media on the internet. :confused:

I say neither.
I do use it partially though for more in-depth info, but it's usually
on a mainsteam media website.

I also use the inet to cut and paste because I don't like typing too much. :D

I also use it for some older stories, and reference.

(all as far a news goes)

Leslie

Communistrator
Staff member
The poll is asking about me. The thread is asking about "people".

I prolly already beat you to it, Winky :eyemouth:

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
The day I got the net, and daily since then, I've looked for the truth behind the headlines. I used to buy into some of the lies of the left. Now, I know better.

Leslie

Communistrator
Staff member
A.B.Normal said:
You could always use the net to restrain someone until the men with the "clean white coats" comes to take them away.
that would definitely be more fun than minnows wouldn't it?