Remove TRW from New Posts page

Should TRW threads appear in "New Posts"?

• No, it should only be accessible through the main page

Votes: 3 17.6%
  • Yes, I want to see all teh flamez warz

Votes: 4 23.5%
  • I don't care

Votes: 4 23.5%
  • I don't know what you're talking about, so here is a bunny with a pancake on its head

Votes: 6 35.3%

• Total voters

Altron

Does anyone agree with me that we should prevent "Real World" threads from showing up in the "New Posts" page.

There's a lot of goons that only post in RW, and a lot of normal people who never post in RW. Every time we click on "New Posts", we have to sift through the garbage from the RW to find the normal posts. I just clicked on "New Posts", and 13 of the 25 threads were in RW.

The trolls that post in RW know exactly where to find it. The rest of us should be able to browse the forum without having to watch them beat the fossilized remains of a dead horse.

MrBishop

Flame wars are like car-accidents..sometimes you just have to stop and see the crash before speeding off on your ordinary day.

Frankly, there are more posts in TRW because that's where the majority of posters are going and where the new posts are happening. You can always increase the number of nonTRW threads. :shrug:

I can give it a shot myself..see what the world of science and entertainment has to say.

MrBishop

The problem is that TRW is a pretty all-encompassing forum. Pretty much anything newsworthy that isn't science or entertainment tends to fall into TRW.

Members jsut aren't sharing their life stories or quirky events anymore. :shrug:

Sharky

Blargh. So many of teh gud peeps have been driven away by TRW. Both sides of the fence. That's quite telling.
I've never understood why people leave altogether and not simply avoid TRW. :shrug:

Which kinda makes Altron's point valid - it's hard to avoid TRW if you use New Posts.

I do periodically.
I'm soon to post pics of my new trees. :D
That sounds like something I would post. :lloyd:

catocom

I had 1/4 lb of ford hook butter beans, left from last year.
I just got them in the ground to see what they do with this rain coming.

Some oldtimers say they think it might frost still though.

I've got my trees, but the ground hasn't dried enough in the planting area.

MrBishop

I've never understood why people leave altogether and not simply avoid TRW. :shrug:

Which kinda makes Altron's point valid - it's hard to avoid TRW if you use New Posts.

That sounds like something I would post. :lloyd:
People left when the flames from TRW crept into other parts of OTC.

pc_builder

I've never used the New Posts page. I just go by the icons on the main page letting me know if there are new posts. And since threads with new posts appear at the top of each section's page... :shrug:

I never saw a need to use the new posts page.

Edit: Aren't I Captain Redundant, today? :rolleyes:

Gato_Solo

Out-freaking-standing OTC member
People leave because they want to leave. TRW really has nothing to do with it. Its just a handy excuse to use instead of bashing a member...

MrBishop

I found a better option to the TRW Issue...
Cato, this is right up your alley.

Ignore thread option 3rd-patry hack

From what I understand, this works like the ignore user option, but instead of using it against in individual's posts, you can pick a thread and the whole things falls from your "new Posts' listing.

Whatcha think?

Winky

PlayboyBunny.jpg