repartitioning software

Mirlyn

I just tried putting RH9 on this nForce board and it didn't like the sound at all. I've got a 15gb partition for XP (NTFS) and 15gb for the linux partitions. Now I'd like to scrap linux (going to put it on my other machine) and gain back my 15gb for XP (as a 30gb drive).

Whats the best software to do this? I don't want bootloaders or any other software that I can't uninstall, just something that can do the job and leave. :p

It'd probably be easier to reinstall XP, but I've been curious about doing this for some time. What software do you all recommend? PartitionMagic?

Thanks! :headbang:

I use Partition Magic for all my partitioning. Never had a problem with it. You will probably have to boot with a floppy and do a Fdisk /mbr though, to get rid of the Linux bootloader.

You can remove all your partitions quickly with a program called aefdisk. You can get a shareware copy that does what you want for free on the web and it wont cost a cent. It will also write a new mbr. The demo has most functions enabled.

http://www.aefdisk.com

I shouldn't have to mess with the MBR, I used lilo on a floppy so the NT Bootloader is still intact. All I want to do is delete the linux partitions (can be done in Disk Manager) and resize my current NTFS partition to the full 30gb. I know of one solution: re-fdisk and reinstall XP. But thats no fun. :p
Q: Can I resize, move, split existing partitions with aefdisk?
A: No.
:(

I'll give Partition Magic a try. :)

Back