republican counter-budget

'bout time to see how long the batteries in the flashlight last,
'cause the light is long gone.

well, there's some good gloom and doom emerging in this thread (something we can always count on cato for).

but i feel like there's a real lack of back-and-forth grandstanding bullshit.

seems like i should have made some sort of outrageous claims or moronic extremist assertions like

involuntary pet spaying/neutering: the end of freedom in amerika!

or perhaps something about

child rape banned: they're taking away our religious choices!

or maybe something about obama, dead children, and the unconstitutionality of butter substitutes.

well, there's some good gloom and doom emerging in this thread (something we can always count on cato for).

but i feel like there's a real lack of back-and-forth grandstanding bullshit.

seems like i should have made some sort of outrageous claims or moronic extremist assertions like

involuntary pet spaying/neutering: the end of freedom in amerika!

or perhaps something about

child rape banned: they're taking away our religious choices!

or maybe something about obama, dead children, and the unconstitutionality of butter substitutes.
I'll counter when I see the actual budget, and see how far it's riding on the coat-tails of what's already in play.

If it starts as if it was 6 months ago, and the DJIA wasn't rebounding, it'll make for a good read. If it starts slamming the money already spent while ignoring the gains being se (albeit small), then it's nothing more than an opinion piece and a casual sniping session.

If there is one thing you can count on both political parties for, yet the Republicans are most adept at, it's petty sniping. Expect to see plenty of it.

um, dude, they've BOTH got very well established records on pettiness.

it's REALLY hard to beat pelosi on basic human shittiness.

I'm waiting to see if the GOP accomplishes things the Obama budget does not, such as not spending literally double what it brings in... you know, little stuff like that.

Back