Right but wrong

SouthernN'Proud

Southern Discomfort
from tonguetied.us

Two students in eastern Iowa have been suspended from a public high school for handing out leaflets on campus implying that February's Black History Month designation and establishment of the NAACP are racist, according to the Courier.

The principal of East High School in Waterloo, Mary Meier, said the fliers did not contain threats, but were inappropriate.

The students involved in what is being described as a "fiasco" said they wanted to make a point. "I don't like it when black guys come up to you and call you honkey because you're white and you can't say nothing back to them, otherwise you'll get kicked out of school," one of them told KWWL-TV.

School officials have planned a series of diversity events on campus to nip this racist seed in the bud, including study tables explaining why questioning the racial double-standard in modern education is deemed "hate talk."

**end**

Y'all had enough yet?

mondomondo

"I don't like it when black guys come up to you and call you honkey ..."

No one has used "honkey" as an epithet since Gerald Ford was in office. That's like calling someone a "longhair" or a "scallawag".

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
mondomondo said:
No one has used "honkey" as an epithet since Gerald Ford was in office. That's like calling someone a "longhair" or a "scallawag".

I still hear the term longhair.

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
And when this happens, when we allow freedom ring, when we let it ring from every village and every hamlet, from every state and every city, we will be able to speed up that day when all of God's children, black men and white men, Jews and Gentiles, Protestants and Catholics, will be able to join hands and sing in the words of the old Negro spiritual:

Free at last! Free at last!

Thank God Almighty, we are free at last!